Intel P4 EE OC'd to 4.26GHz
NVIDIA Quad SLI w/ Four 7900 series cards
2GIG of LL DDR2 800MHz Sticks
ASUS Ageia PPU card with 128MB ram
X-FI Fatal!ty Soundcard
Dual 150G WD Raptors in RAID 0
Some Custom Case Paintjob by a famous bike painter Mike Lavallee
Dell 30" LCD HD Monitor
A couple of Plextor DVD Slotloading Burners.
650w PSU
(2) 150w PSU Bricks

Estimate Cost: $10,000

Suprisingly, it's still a Dell.
Who in there right mind is going to buy that sort of spec with the DELL branding on it.

Any one that is smart enough to truelly used those specifactions are smart enough not to purchase a dell.

Re: Re: Dell, The Company we love to hate

Harper said:
Who in there right mind is going to buy that sort of spec with the DELL branding on it.

Any one that is smart enough to truelly used those specifactions are smart enough not to purchase a dell.

That's basically what I said in all my posts.

Honestly, I hope Dell continues to get larger. Their computers certainly don't get any better.

This way I will never go out of business. I just finished working on a clients Dell. Basically the HDD (Maxtor) was faulty "Mechanically" and wasn't working. So Dell sent my client a new HDD & All recovery disks (free under warranty).

I installed the new HDD & Installed OS and all drivers etc... 2 Hours later $140.00 Please. $70 per hour.

oh my bad i was refering to gameguru just got ur usernames mixed up
smiley4.gif

I personaly like SOME of the Dell computers. Not all that great, but they are decent machines for people who don't plan on upgradeing or if its an old couple that don't know anything about computers and want there grandchildren to have fun playing cards or something on the machine. IMO never pay more than $700 on a dell.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Well, I was just reading an article that confirms that, "Dell has aquired ALIENWARE". This is a total buyout and Dell now owns ALIENWARE. Could you imagine if someone told you Dell owns Alienware? You'd laugh and call them a newb. Well, they actually do own them now. Current word is that Alienware will keep it's brand and resume business are usual. It's just owned by Dell.

The other bit of news is "Dell is the first company to official have AGEIA PPU cards available only for their RENEGADE SYSTEM." Which has been resently upgraded to the following:

Intel P4 EE OC'd to 4.26GHz
NVIDIA Quad SLI w/ Four 7900 series cards
2GIG of LL DDR2 800MHz Sticks
ASUS Ageia PPU card with 128MB ram
X-FI Fatal!ty Soundcard
Dual 150G WD Raptors in RAID 0
Some Custom Case Paintjob by a famous bike painter Mike Lavallee
Dell 30" LCD HD Monitor
A couple of Plextor DVD Slotloading Burners.
650w PSU
(2) 150w PSU Bricks

Estimate Cost: $10,000

Suprisingly, it's still a Dell.

!Dude!, YOUR GETTING A DELL.........on STEROIDS
and will all no what steriods cuase PAIN!!!!.
they would have been better off not saying it was a dell.
Just hearing the name dell make me think of pain and suffering.

Re: Re: Re: Dell, The Company we love to hate

HAVOC2k5 said:
That's basically what I said in all my posts.

Honestly, I hope Dell continues to get larger. Their computers certainly don't get any better.

This way I will never go out of business. I just finished working on a clients Dell. Basically the HDD (Maxtor) was faulty "Mechanically" and wasn't working. So Dell sent my client a new HDD & All recovery disks (free under warranty).

I installed the new HDD & Installed OS and all drivers etc... 2 Hours later $140.00 Please. $70 per hour.
You pretty much stold his money but I understand Iam always fixing my co-workers computer for something I guess.Once My boss's HDD crashed and I had a 200GB sitting around and just put in for her and she gave me some extra EAGLES tickets to the Staple Center.

Re: Re: Re: Dell, The Company we love to hate

HAVOC2k5 said:
Try explaining that one to the rest of the world.

Ever since Dell has started to squeeze the margin out of the computer sales, I have been forces to take on branded computers over building my own.
I know have to rely on Manufacturer's End User Offer's And Rebates just so I can compete with DELL.
Like check out this Go for gold ! HP Desktops. One a lot of these promo's, I am lucky to see $50 margin. My boss was not happy with this.
BOSS :- I don't like making $50 on a computer system
Me :- Neither do I. But it's $50 or nothing at all. At least we do not have to build it and look after the warranty.
Because of Dell offering extremely cheap (at cost and below cost) on their system and upgrade options, it's forced all the other manufacturers to do the same.

I am going to miss building my own computer systems. But I would rather sell an Acer or HP, Make $50 and let some one else worry about the after sales support ; as appose to not sell any thing at all.

dell isnt that bad, i had an old dimension from 1999 and it works fine, still wokrs to this day. yes u cant upgrade, but theyre fine for somebody who doesnt wanna spend a lot of $$$ and doesnt wanna build thier own, the lcds are pretty good too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom