Dell 3007WFP 30" Monitor Vs Apple 30" HD Cinema LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
If you could have any one of these montiors wich one and why :)

Dell 3007WFP LCD

dell_monitor-714557.jpg

Apple 30" HD Cinema LCD

B0002ILKWM.01-A1NDBS7YGOPBD6.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Personally Id take the dell becuase they are known for better monitors...but what the **** do I know about 30" monitors..

Let the debate Begin

:D:drool::D

The Dell is definitely a better buy, but Dell says that it only works with Dell computers.
From Dell's website
The Dellª 3007WFP requires a DVI-D dual-link graphic card that supports WQXGA (2560x1600) resolution. The 3007WFP is optimized to work with Dellª XPS 400 and 600 desktops, Dell Precisionª Workstations (380, 470 and 670) and additional systems that support WQXGA.

The Apple display is almost identical to the Dell, but it is designed to work with all computers using a DVI-out video card.

The biggest difference between the two is the Apple's 400:1 contrast ratio to the Dell's 700:1 contrast ratio.

I'm going to guess that Dell measures their contrast ratio in an optimum environment to get that kind of number. Apple most likely tests in a real-room situation to get their numbers. (400:1 is a more realistic number than 700:1, although 700:1 is theoretically possibile. I doubt that two monitors using the same kind of technology would actually emit such dramatic differences under the same circumstances, but I could be wrong.)

For practical purposes, I would choose the Apple display because it'll work with any computer using DVI rather than just one type of computer. (And I think it looks better than the Dell :p)

curtcheese64 said:
I'm not sure if they still do, but Sony used to make displays for Apple.

Back when Apple used CRT monitors, Sony didn't make them, but Apple did borrow sony technology to make them. For the longest time AppleVision displays used Sony's Trinitron technology. Then later on they used DiamondTron. But when Apple went mainstream LCD, Apple dropped Sony technology and used their own.

" and additional systems that support WQXGA."

nope, dell works with computers not just dells, it says it's "optimized" to run with dell but that's just a bunch of bs

i would take the dell just because it looks nicer IMO and i have one (mine is 2005fpw 21' though)

Regardless of which you'd buy, you would also need to have at least 2 highend cards in SLI or Crossfire to expect decent FPS in most modern games at highest resolutions and eye candy settings....

I'll take either, just flip and coin.

well yeahUnless you want a extremely distorted image when playing on low resolutions...

Imagine CAD on those things thought...SHEIZA!!

If I had this I wouldnt use it for gaming...

Im sure Uzi9mm Would love one of these for his video editing:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom