Debate, what is progress?

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Ok, this is a random thred I know. But here it comes. "What is progress." As I sit here in front of a Duel Core laptop with a Quad Core Q6600 tower next to me, is this progress or whats to say half way threw the industrial revolution of the past 200 years we should not have abandond our ways and turned to faith and religion. Whats to say we should not abandon our persute for land money and power, and focus on the stars. What is your dream for the planet. What is your dream for you grand children in 120 + years. Should we bring back hanging and end the life of murderers and rapeists, and pedophiles. Would this create a sociouty in wich you would be happy for your grand children and you Children to go out in to the World, and explore.

We live in a world run my money, land, and war totaling power, murder is common and rape and crime are everywere. Should the world and the global planet join together and tackel one Issue by one issue at a time, what would those issues be. Does the presedent of the USA, have enuf time in office to tackle the issues. Does David Camron have enuf time in office to tackle the ever changeing landscape and fight for progress. What is progress? Are their lessons wich we could learn from history. If you could be priminister or presedent for 7 Days, realistically what would you do? Would you sighn the death certificates or bring back hanging. Would you slow down the rapid progression of technology. What would you do. For centurys, this planet went with out technology and now just a short while in to the progression we have reached a point in human history in wich certain countrys can not live with out it. Let me ask you a question. If your power goes out do you have candels in the waiting, what would you do if you have to live in the Jungle or a remote part of the planet, with no food, shelter, or skills to live of the land. How would you survive. What would you do?

Were are we goeing and what are we doing, what does the Human race want. You can make a difference, but what do you want to do.

Asks the man who won't use a spell checker :grin: but seriously, there's some progress for you. Go use it lol

Progress is any positive movement towards a further purpose or goal. Given that, progress will vary depending on who/what you're talking about. For the human race in general? I'd say good. Religions are dying out, scientific breakthroughs have increase nearly exponentially since the turn of the 19th century, and political issues are swinging more towards planetary care. Will the above continue quickly enough to avoid the destruction of humans as a species? I guess only time will tell

Back
Top Bottom