Death Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having experienced death threats myself... I only take them seriously when :-
* I 100% know who they are
or
* When they say it to my face
or
* If they contact me at my work or home phone or address details via Phone/Fax or Traditional Mail.

If you are that worry about it, then contact the police. Although there is really not much they can / will do unless it's really constant. Best thing to do is call the police and possibly your ISP.

This guy sound like he's a wak-job. Unless he finds some way of actaully contacting you personally (like physically in the real world), I would not loose any sleep over it.

winblowz said:
yeah.... great advice... im sure THAT helpled him... go screw yourself, really. Death threats are not funny. Ive had some crap like that... not funny at all. make your jokes elsewhere.

wow. someone is on the rag this week! I made a joke, you didnt like it... fair enough! But telling me to go screw myself... that is nice!

I made a joke as this was blatently some stupid little kid making threats online... usually no big deal! Since your attitude is as bad as it is I'm not surprised that you also had a death threat... keep up the good work!

Well if the kid knows what he's doing (which i doubt he does) he can actually find out kinda where you live. He can trace your ip address and lot of time (not all of the times) this will give a pretty good idea where you live (down the the city). From here here he might be able to trace your ip to an address though the isp (the easiest way would be to call the isp and ask) but like someone said make sure they do no give out your address. However as long as you did not directly connect with him over AIM, which it doesnt sound like you did, there's virtually no way he got your IP over AIM

hygor said:
wow. someone is on the rag this week! I made a joke, you didnt like it... fair enough! But telling me to go screw myself... that is nice!

I made a joke as this was blatently some stupid little kid making threats online... usually no big deal! Since your attitude is as bad as it is I'm not surprised that you also had a death threat... keep up the good work!

ok, my appologies. U got my blunt end. and your right in saying that its usally no big deal...

anyways. dont want to start a flaming war, so peace.

and no.... my threats were not related to my attitude. I might have taken the situation more seriously than i should have because I have had similar bad experiences.
again, peace.
;)
Al

u guys shouldnt worry its only a kid playin around and what is the police gona do? they got better things to do.........i think

man u ppl get scared

My apologies too dude, I got back from two days of solid job interviews and saw your post and i was grumpy before I read it. and I gladly accept your apology I dont want a flaming war either. so as you said, peace :)

winblowz said:
ok, my appologies. U got my blunt end. and your right in saying that its usally no big deal... but on the other hand...if it is...

anyways. dont want to start a flaming war, so peace.

and no.... my threats were not related to my attitude. I might have taken the situation more seriously than i should have because I know what it is like to expect to die.
again, peace.
;)
Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom