Dear Bill Gates, "You build it yourself at IKEA"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2004/04/04/world/kamprad040404

IKEA founder nails honour as world's richest man
Last Updated Mon, 05 Apr 2004 7:27:39
STOCKHOLM - The man who made billions of dollars selling people furniture they can assemble themselves has managed to build an estate bigger than anyone else on the planet, Swedish television reported on Sunday.

Ingvar Kamprad, the 77-year-old Swede who founded the IKEA retail chain, is worth $53 billion US, according to SVT2 news.

The figure puts him ahead of Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, 49, who Forbes magazine estimates is worth $47 billion US.

Sunday's broadcast report is based on an article set to appear in the Swedish business periodical, Veckans Affarer.

Kamprad's rise to the top is based largely on the drop in the U.S. dollar, according to SVT2.

The Swedish billionaire is well known for saving pennies and looking for bargains. Kamprad, who lives in Switzerland, still owns IKEA but no longer runs its daily operations.

Written by CBC News Online staff

Message to Bill Gate :-
"You Build It Yourself At Ikea!!"
:p

gates:47billion
ikea guy: 53billion

thats a huge gap, where did he suddenly get all that money...?

I'm sure Bill is really upset that someones beating him in the money race. Now he only has 47 billion, whatever shall he do.:rolleyes:

Gates has recently been donating billions...that's likely how the IKEA founder got ahead.

I'm quite sure he used to be worth 83 billion.

Oh well...who really cares? I'd be quite happy to have one billion. :money:

if i was him i'll build a computer for blondes so they dont go out checking the mailbox every time they got an message
"you got mail!!"

Tetsusaiga said:
gates:47billion
ikea guy: 53billion

thats a huge gap, where did he suddenly get all that money...?

A freind of mine works at ikea

With the amount of mark up that Ikea puts on their items (which are supplied by the lowest bidder), it's understandable.

Now before you start shouting "But MS does the same", keep in mind that a Programmers Wage and a Ikea Person's wage are very different.

And like MS, every one seems to be using Ikea.

[EDIT] Spelling of the word Ikea.
I should not post when I am still asleep. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom