dat cable free life

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
people that chose the streaming content instead of getting cable programming
just curious what are your sources of entertainment?

all I could gather is Netflix and some youtube stuff

crackle and other free services are so bloated with ads that its worse than tv channels.
I could watch crackle for about a week and hate it since.

and it gets kinda expensive to be signing up for all those streaming services at once. 7 dollars here 10 dollars there adds up to a lot of monthly bills.

what you guys do besides Netflix on your smart tv or other devices

I don't have a game console ever I refuse to buy one because I like gaming on pc

Netflix, Amazon Video (comes with Prime), Youtube, and my Plex server that has all of my movies/TV/music

Sent from my HTC One

Plex for movies / TV shows, Google Music All Access for music, and iHeartRadio for radio :tongue:

Yes. Gotta download the movies / TV shows.
Where those TV shows / movies are procured from is anyones guess!

isn't plex just a file server
A media server, but yes. It has a transcoder built into it, and it gets metadata (artwork, synopsis, etc.) on the file (whether it's music, movies, tv). You can have your media stored wherever you want, and the Plex Server essentially just indexes/catalogs it and makes a nice interface for it. You can also share your library with other people that you invite to your server.

Yes. Gotta download the movies / TV shows.
Where those TV shows / movies are procured from is anyones guess!

Plex also has "channels" like a built in Twitch app, as well as links to series/episodes/clips of some TV shows like Daily Show, Colbert Report, Conan (Team Coco); also has Pandora and a movie trailer channel.

I really need to get a Plex server going but I just don't have time now. Should have done it while I was unemployed.

Takes like 20 minutes to setup if you already have your media organized properly.

I did it before I went to bed one night at like 11:30..and was in bed by my normal midnight time :p.

Create account, install it, point it to your media folder(s), hit scan and let it build the database/download metadata, customize a couple settings for streaming quality and done.

PLEX is simple as pie PP, the only time consuming part is fixing incorrect movie matches which is usually rare unless the name is used for more than one movie, or your handling Anime...

For me, a combo of PLEX, and... various... sources that I shall not mention.

Back
Top Bottom