Darned Facebook !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter call's me the bloodhound for a reason, and I have demonstrated to mak what I can find about him online but I sent a email to oldskool with some rather accurate details and links to his web presence an some other info i found online relating to his off line life.

Let this be a lesson, just because you don't know where to look for personal info an you don't dosent make you safe.

This isn't actually all news to me, but is what you found enough to break into $ accounts ? I mean, I can do some cross-searching on you and probably find a few things, but is it enough to get to an account ?

I really am not naive here, I put up minimal information online, in fact there is way more information right here than anywhere else I can think of.

I guess what I am saying, is I was talking more specifically about what you can find out on Facebook. I know about phishing scams, malware, botnets, computer security issues in general across the globe.

The bottom line is, I know all about the various scams. I just was curious about the "average joe" not someone trying to dig something up like $ accounts.

Not really had any bad experiences, I had a Facebook account for a couple of years but never used it, then about a month ago a friend asked me to add him, so I did. The next day, I had friend requests from ten or so people in my year; over the next week it ballooned to about 150 friend requests from people in my school! Certainly a shocker, and I have now back into my state of 'reclusiveness' as my friends call it :p

Neither my MySpace or Facebook are set to private, but I only check them when I get an email from them, too (like an add request or something).

Same here, I only go onto it when I have to :p

I always run google searches on myself... Fortunatelty theres 3 others with my name that have alot more info out on themselves, and the only me stuff is related to me professionally.

lol, yeah I kinda know this ! ;)

I already do know that so much information can be found on people, but I guess my point originally was how easy it is for non-techie people to find out info via things like Facebook, so easy that even a child (or a caveman ) could do it :p

I found my Ex-GF Facebook account. MY GOD SHE PUT ON WEIGHT! She's pick the worst possible profile picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom