Dang SNOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Yeah i hate it. So yesterday it was nice here. Not that cold but not that warm. No snow to be seen. Even when i went to bed late as usual not a snow flake on the ground.

Get up this morning and BAM!

Snow like crazy. It is still blowing like crazy out there. Sitting at my PC and i can hear the wind whistle past my window.

Snow is already up to the front bumper on my Civic and only getting higher. snow plows cant keep up with the amount that is falling.

Shoveled once already and sure enough it is right back up there. what a fun day this is turning out to be. When not watching the baby i am shoveling. When not shoveling i am watching the baby.

Could it get any better?

I need a vacation...

Get out there an shovel for dear life man! Tell the wife to buy some canned food and glow sticks an sleeping bag's your going to be snowed in :p

Oh an i got a spare rafter for you to hang on if you need the vacation.

The cat an the baby can pair up an get the job done while mak has a nice cup of coffee.
For baby:
wovel-wheeled-snow-shovel-11-21-2006.jpg

An this is what cat's can do,
InvisibleSnowShovel.jpg

Easy Solution: make the baby shovel. She's gotta start earning her keep at some point.

That is a tremendous idea

But personally Mak, I think you're lucky you get snow!
We get snow about once every four years here... and when it does snow, its rubbishy icy stuff thats melted by lunchtime....

However, for your path and around your car, buy some salt, that'll stop you having to shovel... Although it may cost quite a bit :rolleyes:

Yea if we do get snow its about 3 - 5 in deep at most sadly but we make up for it with rain oh boy do we make up for it with rain....

Having said that i live in the only part of the north west not to get snow at all this year, st.hellens, Manchester, Lancashire got it but Liverpool an the rest of mersyside nada.

Try living in Rochester, this stuff happens nearly every day here.

I am not far from there mate. Only about a hour out from there. About 45 minutes from downtown Buffalo. Getting the Lake Effect snow right now. Could be worse. when i lived at my old place i was literally a stone trow from Lake Erie. So at least it is about 30 minutes to the lake from here. Not Erie either. I think Niagara?

But yeah i am not far out from Rochester. Used to have family there so i know how bad it can get.

Not that the Snow bothers me. I am used to it after all these years. But i cant keep up with it right now. It gets to be a pain shoveling 6 hours of snow and leaving the baby alone for that 30 minutes it takes to clear the driveway. Baby can do some damage in that time. XD

I'm right off of lake erie, so I can sympathize with lake effect snow. I live in northern ohio, and the weather here is crazy enough. Yesterday we had nothing... last night... nothing. I, too, woke up this morning and ~BAM~... sleet, ice, hail, snow, and rain. madness. Took me over an hour to get to work, and I assume (as I look out the window) it will be the same on the way home).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom