Customer Service Experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some thing I had at work today........

I had one of these Asian F.O.B.s* come into my shop today asking for a cash register. He can sort of understand English, but he's failing

Chinese FOB = Your ad in chinese paper. I want to speak to some one in chinese.
Me = :rolleyes: (Thinking I hope the boss is back from thier trip in china.)
Me = Let me check for you. My co-worker should be coming back from his trip in china today.
So I call up the boss's wife.
Me = (Talking to the boss's wife on the phone) Hi. You back in Sydney?
Boss Wife = Yes.
Me = Good. I have a chinese customer here. He would like to buy a cash registers. He just after some thing simple like a Casio 140CR or Casio TE-M80. He as a few questions, I will put him on for you know.
Boss Wife = Okay.
I had the phone to the customer. Customer then starts talking in Chinese and then stops.
Chinese FOB = They hung up on me.
I grab the phone and listen to it. The line was dead.
Me = Just one second. Maybe the line went dead.
I wait 30 seconds to see if the boss's wife was going to call back. Nothing....
I call up the boss's wife again.
Boss Wife = Hello?
Me = Hello. We have a chinese customer here. He would like to buy cash regist.....
I get hung up on.
Me = (lying) Sorry sir, must be a bad line
Chinese FOB = That's okay.
And he quickly leaves.

15 minutes later, the boss's wife shows up in the office.
Boss Wife = Where's the customer?
Me = You hung up on him.
Boss Wife = Did you get his number?
Me = No. You hung up on him. What the ****? He's ready to buy from us, and you hang up on him.
Boss Wife = I was at air port.
Me = But......... (Thinking Why do I bother working for you......?)

* F.O.B. = Fresh Off Boat

The problem with my job is that I have idiots on both side. I have some customers that are complete tools, and meanwhile my boss and his wife are complete idiots.

I work at a ritz camera, and about twice a week, people come in and ask:

"Do you guys sell (digital) cameras?"

(no, actually we don't. All these 'cameras' behind me are just mock ups made of plastic, but I do have some angle grinders!)

I work at a ritz camera, and about twice a week, people come in and ask:

"Do you guys sell (digital) cameras?"

(no, actually we don't. All these 'cameras' behind me are just mock ups made of plastic, but I do have some angle grinders!)

I get the same too.... "Is this a computer shop"

Then again you have people like Electronic Boutique having to change thier name as people were confusing them for a general electronics shop.

Wow... I'm speechless, a customer came in looking for a "cathode Ray tube" tv, and got irritated that we didn't have any so he proceeded to go and try to buy a laptop and had a huge fit of rage in pcho (computers) because we had no computers that we could sell since all of them have windows 7 and we can't let any leave the store until we open tomorrow, yet one RAN out yesterday, someone hotpocketed a display model hp pavilion laptop (our fancy term of grab and run)

yet one RAN out yesterday, someone hotpocketed a display model hp pavilion laptop (our fancy term of grab and run)

Funny..... I just had some one walk into my shop with a HP Pavillion saying "I just found this laptop, but I am little worried that if I connect it on line that it might display my address."
Does not really help matter that this guys name and name on the laptop are totally different.
With the way he was going on about how he "found" a laptop and he asking me to format the hard drive.
I just told him some astronomical figures just for him to get out of my shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom