crysis omg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that we will see DX10 on XP any time soon, I just think we are going to see more games using openGL. /Offtopic

We're never going to see it....

NathanE@overclockers.co.uk said:
"About 20% of DX10 exists as core kernel code in Vista. It is non-trivial and commercially unviable to update XP's kernel to support these enhancements without breaking compatibility with existing software and games.

We don't need a link from MS. It's like saying there will be future plans for Windows 3.1 to support DX7....it's just NOT going to happen.

We don't need a link from MS. It's like saying there will be future plans for Windows 3.1 to support DX7....it's just NOT going to happen.

I do.

DX7 for 3.1! LOL.

I highly doubt making the comparsion of, releasing DX7 for windows 3.1 is in any way fair to releasing DX10 for XP..

Even if it is true that MS will only have DX10 for vista, theres Still hope for XP and other OS's
Project aims to bring DX10 gaming to XP, Linux, OS X

I asked him again.

Heres the qoute in case you can't see in screen shot.
Like I said, Its "logical".

"
for the 8 billionth time it's logic.

even MS has to make $$$ on all thier divisions. and the game division will take a crushing blow if they try to force every gamer out there to buy Vista in order to play thier games. and with XP's continued dominance and vista's short comings become even more glaringly obvsious... it all boils down to the $$$ they stand to loose

"

Only time Will tell.

If not, I def won't be paying for VISTA!. :p

...first of all that article is about a "project" which is so far unsuccessful.

Secondly, it's a 3rd party that takes games and converts/patches them to run on XP...I highly doubt something like this will become mainstream.

A 3rd party that converts games to run on XP is in not "DX10 Support"....also the fact that this is a 3rd party and not affiliated with MS gives no substance to "bigred's" statement regarding MS losing or making money.

People WILL upgrade to Vista...it's just a matter of time....when Win XP came out there was a LOT of stuff about how XP sucked and everyone hated it...yet in 1-2 years everyone was running it.

Also the majority of DX10 games will run in DX9 mode so it's not like they are eliminating a part of their market or a group of consumers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom