Crysis expected Required Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Apologies if this has been brought up before, I've not had a lot of time to check the forums recently!

Posted by Hilbert Hagedoorn on July 25, 2006 - 7:11 AM

Crysis-online receives many emails from people asking if there system or these specs.etc will run crysis. There's nothing wrong with asking that and I'm happy to answer however, I think it would be better to share the questons and answers here on the forum.

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

The requirements will be somewhat higher than example Ghost Recon. The main difference I would say are the CPU requirements. Crysis will rely alot on the CPU for performance as it will need to calculate physics, AI and perform tasks like sending masses of graphical data to the GPU.etc

Basically, it will be the 2007 equivalent to "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter" requirements. Source: crysis-online.com

I think the problem is that everyone is way too fixated on what reviewers say. Who here can actually play games at 1600x1200? Most of us play at 1024x768, or 1280x1024. Today's high end GFX cards pwn most games at these resolutions, so why should any more be expected of the next gen games? I understand that you might have to turn some details down, but the games of tommorow will be quite playable on current hardware!

Well some people just have this illusion in their head that in order for graphics to advance to the next "level" they have to absolutely tear apart everything except the very leading edge hardware...my computer is getting close to having some technology that is close to 2-3 years old in it and it's STILL able to max out everything save for oblivion and GRAW

only thing I plan on upgrading in the next year is GPU and possibly RAM and that should get me through to 2009ish as far as I am concerned...for what Crysis offers I'd say those requirements are very modest

Whenever I can get a part time job up here I want to upgrade to 2gb of RAM before I do anything else. Probably won't upgrade my GPU until after I graduate though. I should still be able to play crysis decently, just obviously not maxed out.

I think Il be fine..

:confused:

My resolution sucks (1024 x 786) so I should be able to play its almost max..not sure yet though

Eye candy is nice, but who has time to admire the veins on a leaf when fragging?

I do, when my enemy has been slain and lies dead on the battlefield and I stop for a quick smoke before I go off to the next base to destroy.

Yeah and seeing the salt on my martini while I raid a cruise ship and set demolitions evreywhere is nice too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom