CRT's. Love 'em or hate em?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LCD - Better colors, better text, overall better picture. the only beef I have with them is that even with 8ms, the textures look blurry so you don't get everything out of the game. The same size LCD will look MUCH bigger than the same size CRT (yes, I'm aware that the CRT sides take up some of the screen, but still, the LCDs look bigger).

CRT - Radiation...eew. They're HUGE and thus take up a lot of space. Only thing I LIKE about CRTs are that they have excellent response times, so textures are practically perfect, especially when you're moving the gun around scanning for enemies.

Cell phones produce radiation yet I never hear people complain about that. Yet when they hear or think of a CRT producing radiation they go nuts. Even with newer CRT's they produce about the same radiation... And you shouldn't be closer than 4 foot to the screen anyways... Atleast i'm no closer than four foot.

I think the radiation helps with my perfect skin complextion. :p

Im not too picky when it comes too monitors. All i care about is that it works and looks decent.

All of my schools CRTs are like that, ultra slow respond time seizure inducing POS'. The tech class tried to fix them and then they got tired of fixing and stopped.

A cellphone is tiny, and I'm sure you have no idea of how little radiation it produces. A CRT however is 19" wide, and is practically shooting photons at you. Come of them may be blocked, but the ones that get through DO hurt your eyes. If the CRT screen were to be taken away, and you looked directly at the projector, your eyes would burn out.

I have an LCD after having a CRT for a long, long time. I miss my CRT sometimes, but overall I like my LCD better. Much more vibrant color and the response time isn't that big of an issue if you have one thats 8ms or less. The only beef I have with them is the native-resolution thing. I have a 7800GT now though, so its not too big of an issue.

Mine is 16ms and it doesn't cause too much of a problem with gaming for me. When you're into the game, you don't notice the slight blurring there is, which over time your eyes get used to the latency so you don't notice it at all. I have on older 17" CRT and I hooked it back up the other day to compare to my LCD, and thank you very much, ill take the LCD.

I've sat in front of the CRT for long periods of time for the past 12 years and I'm still fine.......... but I personally want to save up for an LCD just to give my desk more space.

CRTs I guess affect different people differently. CRTs made my eyes burn after being on the computer for a long time. They also tended to give me more headaches. I was so releaved at how much better my eyes felt when I first got my LCD.

And you shouldn't be closer than 4 foot to the screen anyways... Atleast i'm no closer than four foot.
four freakin feet away? Either you have bad judgment of distances or you just sit ridiculously far away....right now my face is probably a foot and a half away from the screen and the keyboard is right below it....my chair can't scoot back very far because of the wall but regardless 4 feet would be WAY too far.

When I lean back to watch something on my screen I'm generally 2 feet away.

HOWEVER.....my eyes also suck for long distances.

I dont like my CRT. My eyes hurt after looking at it for a long time.
It also sometimes makes weard ringing noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom