The Credit Crunch/Collapsing Markets etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have gotten to the point where I can no longer leave my house or I won't have gas... Even with the gas prices finaly being easy on life... Life is still hard, me and the g/f have both lost our jobs and now we have no money to get anything... It has been 3 weeks now...

well the price of ceramic work has gone down alot, and im her in canada. my dads wroking 60+ hours a week the days the weather is ok, (cant pull a trailer with 2000lb of tiles in it with a foot of snow on the ground) and he is still just getting by. we are getting a room mate tho a friend of his actually so things should be better. we almost didtn have christmas this year. even then i only got gta4 and it was given to em erlie so im happy all i care about is seing my brothers really. (younger brothers im the eldest) all this and i am in canada.the recession in the us is affecting us bad. could be worse, from what i know we are some of the worse off. oh i will also say this affected my mother very very bad

every year her visa expries and she looses her child tax benefit. so she goes 5 months abotu 1200$ short. then she usualy gets her new visa abck by xmass, and she gets a back payment so she ends up with a nice sum of money for xmass. this year they didnt give her a back payment. so she has also been tight for xmass. alltho her visa wont expire till 2012 now...

Well, I work at a University, and they just released a memo saying that they will not be doing layoffs and will focus on saving money in other areas, also without lowering the budget at all. So for at least the next year I will have a secure job, and with the majority of my expenses being unaffected so far, I've been chugging along as normal :D

If the g/f gets the new job she interviewed for, that's an added $400 extra each month. I think if we can make it through 2009 unscathed, then 2010 should start to see the economy recovering.

Didn't think the things here would have that big of an impact on another country... But yea, things have gotten terrible... And things get worse, kentucky is considering adding around 80 cents tax to cigarettes AGAIN, for the second time in 5 months.... Pack used to be $2.00 now costs nearly $3.80... That and food is still incredibly expensive... Hopefully with in 3 years with the lower cost of gas prices will drop again and even back out...

I eat about half as much as once did.

Lol :p

I canceled my Gamefly $30 per month subscription... but then I added a Netflix subscription ($9). Food isn't too bad over here... I can still get a pound of ground beef for $2 or less, my monthly grocery bill for the two of us is still $250 or less. The only thing we really cut back on was all those Popsicles and toaster strudels :p And I guess we don't go to the movies as much, but we have Netflix and Blu-Ray to keep us entertained. We still eat out about the same.

My life has not changed a single bit. I don't know anyone who has lost their job or has been affected by this... maybe I live in a recession-proof pocket of the country, idk. But my family and my friends are all middle class... and not the $200,000/yr middle class... real middle class. idk, guess I'm just lucky.

Same here... haven't changed. If anything, its for the better (gas prices are $1.50 here).

I have a job with a company that has tripled in size in the last few months, so i have a stable job. No real changes here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom