Creating a website, your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
I am building a website for my girlfriend because of her upcoming pageant. They have an award for "media" which grades a website and the overall functionality and design.

I used a template to get started with the site, but every modification, additional page (other than the home page), and graphic other than the banner and buttons has been my own doing.

What do you guys think and where do you think I could perhaps spruce it up a bit more?

Miss Indiana Essence 2009

I think the website looks pretty good, I think the navigation might work in your favor if you were to put it on the left side of your screen.
If I give you 100 bucks, could you find me a nice cute woman like your girlfriend ? the ones here in georgia don't take me seriously enough.....

Well the appearance button didn't work for me. Other than that I liked it. Didn't burn my eyes trying to look at it (aka no super bright colors). I thought the navigation buttons were fine where they were.

Thanks guys. And yeah the "appearances" page isn't finished yet so right now the link doesn't work.

I've been learning a lot on how to use the CSS file with the design of the site. I'd still be lost if I wanted to start a website from scratch, but with a good template I can edit my way through it to be something decent.

And no, I'm afraid I can't hook you up with a girl for $100, that'd be bad :p

alot better than what i can come up with, it does look very good and clean, and i second the fact that the appearance link is broken.

I like it, it's very simple and definitely goes with the flow of pageant style. One thing though, and this is probably only me who notices and I have down syndrome, is that on the home page where there is all the text you might want to have the bottom left end with a paragraph instead of having one word starting on the top in the grey part. "Childhood" is in capitals and is the first word you see.

Very small detail I know but like I said...down syndrome..other than that the site looks very suitable, good job :D

Very nice site! It's clean, there is interactivity with the navigation and thumbnails, lightbox works good and the images are great, the contrast with text and background is good, and I really like the banner and container styling. A+ my friend!

PS...how come this isn't in the Web Design forum?
PSS...and your girl is very beautiful!

And no, I'm afraid I can't hook you up with a girl for $100, that'd be bad :p

Yeah, that's called prostitution :p

Surge ! Good job on the site, I like how the pictures render. Looks great to me. And I agree, you have a very nice looking girlfriend. Tell her "good luck" in the pageant for us, ok ?

One thing that jumped out at me was the lack of actual good photography. Perhaps you were trying to get something up that you have? But, for me a woman as beautiful as that should be presented with high resolution photography.

The layout is ok. I'm glad you didn't go the softcore prono look. I hate that. The Look anyway...

But, overall I have to give you +100 for having a beautiful BLONDE girlfriend. I too know what it's like to have a beautiful blonde girlfriend. It's a good thing I look mean. lol

EDIT: Get rid of that one black and white head shot. It's too small and just amateur looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom