Crappiest Job You've Ever Had

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answering phones in a Parrish Center at a Catholic Church when I was 12 or 13. It was only for a summer or two. I would get a lot of the "Emergency Calls" where someone said a curse word while cooking dinner and needed to resolve it "right away" with a priest.

Nubius said:
Those people automatically assume you're just a hardcore delinquent to society.

that sucks they assumed that, but most of the time firefirgters arent like that.... but cops are lol.
my home town firestation had a program, it was called the SEDA program.
i dont know what it stands for, for even if thats the right acronym,
but they local cops/sheriffs/judges would send young nonviolent offenders up to the fire station to wash trucks, and paint hydrants, ect...
but the idea was for them to be around "positive role models"
and the firefighters liked to help them out.

but my worst job was at a small pizza place, one summer after high school. i had to work with tthe owners 16 year daughter, and her two little friends.
they were all big nerds and never went out, so if we were there till midnight on a friday they didnt care. but i did, so i ended up doing all the work to get out on time

Priced books and boxed them for 7hours a day, in a hot warehouse payed at $8.50 an hour, at least it got me my guitar amp though

i work at a newspaper place... NOT FUN! Well i mean i'm the guy who buts all those **** adds in the newspapers and if we mess up one one paper we have a buyer calling and complaining.. its like all they do is f***ing call up there freinds and see what adds they have in the paper other then that they don't know what is sopuse to be in there. Well to start this off. My boss died (heart attack) while sleeping after working there for 4 months.. and well we have this new boss which knows the owner he has never been a boss before and one day he was calling me and this other dude i had to work with GAY and then i got him to stop saying that and then this past week we had alot of ads to go into the papers and well we where helping out the morning shift and he demanded we stayed over 2 hours (we get out normally at 3am but had to stay until 5am) some people were cool some weren't and then well 3:30am comes around and he GOES HOME!!! after demanding that we stay like "if you leave you would get fired BS" well.. He makes rules up to suit his needs. Like on Val. day he went and told everyone that we had to be out by 10pm so that he can go home and screw his wife (she use to work at a strip joint so let that tell ya about the guy...) butover all i want to kill him and wished he would have died not the other boss.... and he thinks he knows everything about everything and he carries himself around acting like he knows how to do everything when acually he does something it makes it worse.. then we have to go over his work to fix it again.. and then he goes and changes it again.. well it goes over and over and over until someone usually yells at him to go in his office. Like he well just stand there even if where running 5 hours behind the deadline (yes news papers have a deadline and it is important to get them out in time for the post office) but like he well stand there at his office door and stare at everyone and then he well go sit down in a corner start talking to poeple and still stare.. its utterly stupid and he needs to get a new career for me and my co-workers sake. Oh don't get me wrong its more then the boss.. i have been there for almsot 2 years havne't gotten a raise AT ALL! still get $6.00 a hour and the company still don't have it in there budget to give anyone a raise and the company is about to go under cause no one wants to buy the paper cause theres nothing good in it. It like covers 6 towns and yet the main town it has nothing every about it unless its about sports.. so its not to great of a paper and well it jsut simply sucks working there and i hope that place burns to the ground like i have tried to do but it failed:(. This place is a BARN i mean the walls are only wood nothing else u could but a hammer throw it very easy (have done it) and only half of our heating works no A/C so it gets rather hot and rather cold. Winter time you work outside in the cold tossing newspapers to the "paperboys" for a few hours under no heat what so ever. then summer time you fry to death jsut being in the place. THe people in the frount office get nice AC and heating and even they get Chairs to sit on.. we only get the tables. Then we have a sign that you can't drink the water they have cause it has arsenic in the water so we have to pay 1.25 for water bottles.. which really sucks and there jsut making there money back... the air is full of ink and that makes it very hard to breath and you well go home smalling like ink all day and the ink if you get it on your clothes it won't come out. We have to work 12+ hours usually on tuesdays cause there machines are more then 12 years old and need alot of new parts and we don't get over time and we don't get breaks to eat(10 min break every 2 hours -usually every 3-4 hours) then to top it all off VOTE days we get 18+hours for 6.00 which really isn't worth sh*t when you think about it you hardly even make $100 for 18 hours of work which really isn't healthy and isn't good for anyone. I VOTE THIS THE SH*TTIEST JOB EVERY!

**EDIT** Theres more but i well save your reading time in half jsut by posting only this:)

schulz269 said:
i work at a newspaper place... NOT FUN! Well i mean i'm the guy who buts all those **** adds in the newspapers and if we mess up one one paper we have a buyer calling and complaining.. its like all they do is f***ing call up there freinds and see what adds they have in the paper other then that they don't know what is sopuse to be in there. Well to start this off. My boss died (heart attack) while sleeping after working there for 4 months.. and well we have this new boss which knows the owner he has never been a boss before and one day he was calling me and this other dude i had to work with GAY and then i got him to stop saying that and then this past week we had alot of ads to go into the papers and well we where helping out the morning shift and he demanded we stayed over 2 hours (we get out normally at 3am but had to stay until 5am) some people were cool some weren't and then well 3:30am comes around and he GOES HOME!!! after demanding that we stay like "if you leave you would get fired BS" well.. He makes rules up to suit his needs. Like on Val. day he went and told everyone that we had to be out by 10pm so that he can go home and screw his wife (she use to work at a strip joint so let that tell ya about the guy...) butover all i want to kill him and wished he would have died not the other boss.... and he thinks he knows everything about everything and he carries himself around acting like he knows how to do everything when acually he does something it makes it worse.. then we have to go over his work to fix it again.. and then he goes and changes it again.. well it goes over and over and over until someone usually yells at him to go in his office. Like he well just stand there even if where running 5 hours behind the deadline (yes news papers have a deadline and it is important to get them out in time for the post office) but like he well stand there at his office door and stare at everyone and then he well go sit down in a corner start talking to poeple and still stare.. its utterly stupid and he needs to get a new career for me and my co-workers sake. Oh don't get me wrong its more then the boss.. i have been there for almsot 2 years havne't gotten a raise AT ALL! still get $6.00 a hour and the company still don't have it in there budget to give anyone a raise and the company is about to go under cause no one wants to buy the paper cause theres nothing good in it. It like covers 6 towns and yet the main town it has nothing every about it unless its about sports.. so its not to great of a paper and well it jsut simply sucks working there and i hope that place burns to the ground like i have tried to do but it failed:(. This place is a BARN i mean the walls are only wood nothing else u could but a hammer throw it very easy (have done it) and only half of our heating works no A/C so it gets rather hot and rather cold. Winter time you work outside in the cold tossing newspapers to the "paperboys" for a few hours under no heat what so ever. then summer time you fry to death jsut being in the place. THe people in the frount office get nice AC and heating and even they get Chairs to sit on.. we only get the tables. Then we have a sign that you can't drink the water they have cause it has arsenic in the water so we have to pay 1.25 for water bottles.. which really sucks and there jsut making there money back... the air is full of ink and that makes it very hard to breath and you well go home smalling like ink all day and the ink if you get it on your clothes it won't come out. We have to work 12+ hours usually on tuesdays cause there machines are more then 12 years old and need alot of new parts and we don't get over time and we don't get breaks to eat(10 min break every 2 hours -usually every 3-4 hours) then to top it all off VOTE days we get 18+hours for 6.00 which really isn't worth sh*t when you think about it you hardly even make $100 for 18 hours of work which really isn't healthy and isn't good for anyone. I VOTE THIS THE SH*TTIEST JOB EVERY!

**EDIT** Theres more but i well save your reading time in half jsut by posting only this:)

Having read that, I appreciate my job more. My job still sucks but when it does I'll think about you & it will suck a little less.

Thank you.

naw just talked to the boss over the press room and i start there on monday and i get a $2dallor raise and might become full time. At least i am out of that BS and on to a new part of the building. Now i can acually say my jobs kinda alright (well after tomorrow:))

Ps quiting isn't even a choice... i'm 21 and well i was out of work for 10months here in michigan where i live you can't even get a job at the local mcdonalds (applied there more then 3 times and nothing) but its not easy to get a job and well i don't have a choice but i got into the press room so it should be better i don't have to deal with that boss anymore and i only have to put up with 3 other guys so it well be cool. But still work in a stupid company but out of the mail room:)

Crushing oil filters.

Trucks would bring barrels full of used oil filters. I would take them out of the barrel, put them into the crusher based on their size. Then once crushed, take them out of the crusher and throw them into a garbage bin.

Since they were used filters, you would get oil all over yourself. I had chest wader type things on but I would still have to come home and scrub my entire body with a nail brush to get all the oil out of my skin.

That lasted for a summer while I was in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom