Craig's List

this has caused me to browse my local craigslist for the first time in ages..
TBH I don't see anything too outrageous :tongue: All the computers are decently priced.. I mean, I personally wouldn't buy them but someone might.

There are sure a lot of the "I BUY IPHONES, USED BROKEN UNWANTED" posts...

AGP. I want PCI-E for my collection but I need to use AGP.
I need between Geforce 4 TI4200 and 6800Ultra.
Cards I'm interested in are the following:
Geforce 4 TI4200-4400-4600
Geforce FX 5600 to 5900
Geforce 6600GT-6800GT-6800ultra.

Any of these in AGP flavor will be fine for my needs. I haven't said anything on forums because my max Paypal limit is now 20 bucks due to the catastrophe that happened when I got my 580.

I've got an AGP 6600GT Silent Pipe from Gigabyte (I think) sitting here collecting dust. If you want it PM me you address and I will send it to you.

Taking everything in to consideration, what is typically a fair markup for things like this? I love building towers and would love to build them up and sell them on the side, but I never really got a grasp for what's fair, what's not, etc. My biggest fear with something like this is spending a grand on parts, building it, and not being able to sell it for the life of me.

I've done a lot of work on Craigslist. People, so far, have all been very friendly to deal with. I'd be happy to do it more but like I said, in a day and age where bills need to be paid, I hate to be sitting on a thousand dollar dud that won't move.

I've had pretty good luck, but only with old used computers... Most people on Craigslist are looking for something cheap in my experience.

Markup depends on so many factors it isn't even funny. Around here, typical markup on components is 40 to 60 percent of the product cost.

If I ever did anything like that I would only want maybe 100 or 200 profit over getting my money back. Since building computers with all new parts is such a hobby for me making a few bills per build would just be icing on the cake. I just don't have any cash to invest in this idea.

I'll be happy if I get the 300 I'm asking for the machine in the B/T/S. but I have a potential buyer I need to check out today and see what happens. But I agree; I also don't have the money to make it a "business" like some ebayers do.

Oh and iFargle... I'm one of the cheap *******s looking for a good deal! LOL I just picked up a 9 drawer Craftsmen tool chest for 100.00 in real nice condition. :p

I have the money now to drop into a gaming rig and sell, but I fear losing that investment. We have a wedding in 6 months that's well on it's way. Couple that with a few household items we need to take care of (ahem: http://i.imgur.com/umF1X.jpg ) and it's kind of stressful. I l love building towers, so that could be quite easy for me to handle. I just don't want to run into a road block where I can't sell the thing and it's like, oh great, now I have a 1k gaming machine that I don't even want/need/have a use for.

However, on the flip side, if I sold one a month at 500 markup I could make 3 grand by the wedding... that's easily the cost of the photographer there.

I hate to sneeze at it if there's a real potential for good side money since now we need it, but I also hate to invest money into it and not come out with some sort of profit, or worse, come out with a few bucks lost.

Well, it's a 50/50 chance whether it will work and really it all depends on the parts you choose, the style of the computer, the price, and your area. I think you should wait till after the wedding to start that gamble.

Back
Top Bottom