Craig's List

Why would you buy it off of craigs list when you could go down to the mom and pop shop and get it from them?
I thought the Craigs List thing was so you could get stuff really cheap

A lot of mom n pop shops advertise there, as do many small private businesses. It is more than just to post cheap things, people use it to advertise sells and so on.
What is the difference between walking into the mom n pop shop and seeing the advert on craigs list when they are both one in the same? (assuming the guy owns a shop and people looking at the advert are local to his shop)

Depends.
If I have the money for selling, trading, and buying with shipping of PC parts then I prefer forums.
If I can't find something I can trade, get used ect then I run to Newegg or Amazon.
I prefer CL for anything that is just a good deal in the area no matter what it is. I can see it visually before purchase. On forums I can't really do that and just you need that unspoken trust between members.

Only reason I have an add up that deals with PC stuff is because I don't have the money to afford the cost of shipping on the sellers part. I also don't think any members would have exactly what I'm looking for.

Speaking of which, I don't even know why I bothered with CL. A guy just tried selling me his 6800GT (BFG at that) for 120 bucks. Seriously? I even made it clear in the add I know these cards are old, so don't try to make it seem you have a beast on your hands.

Speaking of which, I don't even know why I bothered with CL. A guy just tried selling me his 6800GT (BFG at that) for 120 bucks. Seriously? I even made it clear in the add I know these cards are old, so don't try to make it seem you have a beast on your hands.

Do you need PCI, AGP, or PCI-E?

AGP. I want PCI-E for my collection but I need to use AGP.
I need between Geforce 4 TI4200 and 6800Ultra.
Cards I'm interested in are the following:
Geforce 4 TI4200-4400-4600
Geforce FX 5600 to 5900
Geforce 6600GT-6800GT-6800ultra.

Any of these in AGP flavor will be fine for my needs. I haven't said anything on forums because my max Paypal limit is now 20 bucks due to the catastrophe that happened when I got my 580.

Back
Top Bottom