CPU Noise Reduction Question. PLZ HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb14

Beta member
Hi!

My CPU was making a loud noise. To reduce noise, I put a sponge outside the CPU where the fan takes the air out from. The sponge looks like this:
sponge.jpg

PLEASE TELL ME IF IT WOULD DO ANY HARM TO MY PC. THANKS!

I wouldnt do it but thats just me - check your cpu temp in your bios and see what the temp is with the sponge and without it. If there isnt that much difference dont worry about it but i would think that there would be a 5-10 degree difference. Depending on what your cpu is already running at that could hurt it.

Is not a good idea to block the fans in your computer. Blocking an outgoing fan could trap hot air inside and blocking an incoming fan could prevent the proper cooling of your computer.

You may need a new Heatsink fan for the CPU. If it's making more noise than usual, the bearing are probably gone, or some other fan related problem.

My fans the loudest thing ever, you can hear it over music on full! plus mine runs at about 68 degrees celcius and if its goes a little hotter it freezes and does this screaming thing at me (AMD) does this sound a lil hot?

LOL! Do you use your CPU and HS fan as a mini furnace, for those cold winter nights? ;)

i know some1 whose room is so small, that there emachines with an xp 2600+ heats the room really well when he closes the door, perfect for those cold winter nights lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom