Courtesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't even get me started on the chavs that stand around shouting obscenities at anyone who doesn't notice them, fortunately that is only a very small amount of college students.

I got one of my freinds how is a Chav-Wanna-Be. And when ever he starts chavving off, we normally tell him to GTFO.

Chavs are god awful and they are in plentiful supply in Liverpool sadly, I really want to beat 7 shades out of them when i see them.

Look at it from the other point of view.

I can honestly say that I've used the words "sir" or "ma'am" less than five times in my life. It's not how I was raised, and it's not my style.

I rarely hold doors open for people, unless they obviously can't do it themselves.

I easily get ****ed or annoyed at people, and find myself muttering obscenities a lot, but I'm sure people have done the same about me. Honestly, whatever. If you feel like being super nice, go for it, but don't get mad at people who are trying to find a way to get through their crappy jobs or might have just broken up with their boyfriend and are talking about it on their phone.

I completely understand this point of view. I'm often like that myself. On most days I walk around with the "SCREW EVERYONE" attitude. I guess this is because on a daily basis I get 90% rude interactions and 10% pleasant interactions with people.

Although, sometimes I often fight with my own conscience because I was brought up to be courteous. ESPECIALLY TO MY ELDERS. Something that I think no longer exists.

I am really enjoying reading this thread. I am with you guys on this. I am semi-young at 23 and I graduated from college 2 years ago and just looking back at the 18yr freshmen just makes me sad. They are so rude and isolated due to their devices (cell phones, ipods etc..) that they just walk around like they are in their own little world completely oblivious to what is going on around them. But, like most of you I was raised the same way to be courteous. My wife sometimes gets upset at me because I will hold the door open for her and she will walk through and realize I am not beside her anymore because I am still holding the door for other people.
Also just to clear my language barrier is a chav like the American version of a gangster or punk ?

No a chav is the English equivalent of trailer trash, except they are more violent and hunt in packs.

^ Chav is like a wigger in America except a lot of chavs apparently actually commit crimes instead of just saying they do and pretending they're in gangs and "from the streets". All scum in any event.

Here is some chav activity:
chav-48372.jpg

On the left: Chav Skinning up.
Middle: Chav spitting (yes that is white lightning spit) it's worse than dog crap.
Right: Chav keeping a look out for the buizzies (police for people who are normal)

Celebration of the achievement of the first anti social behaviour order (ASBO) an before you ask yes it is a badge of honour to get them liverpool my home city give the first ASBOs out and the chav gangs do celebrate ASBO's and I am not jokeing.
chav2.jpg

salty said:
Girls seem to be the most rude at college simply because they know that unlike a guy they are 95% sure they won't get hit whatever they do. So they go around bullying people then expect chivalrous behaviour in return. Feminism and equal rights are in there height of popularity and it just seems to me like girls have more rights then guys in some areas of society.
I may be courteous, but when a woman steps into a man's place she gets treated like a man. If she has balls enough to push/hit me, she will get the same in return. Having an innie rather than an outie only gets them so much, and that ain't it.

The South has a totally different mindset for the most part. I guess it is part of Southern hospitality. It is dying out anymore, unfortunately, as things become more global. Not all of my upbringing in it was good, however, as my Granny was as prejudiced as they come and taught me all she knew. Thankfully I rose above that, but many did not.

It falls back to the Golden Rule... "Treat others the way you want to be treated." People may not respond in kind, but it helps to show them that not everyone else is as big of an ******* as they are.

No a chav is the English equivalent of trailer trash, except they are more violent and hunt in packs.

HAHAHAHA - I was just talking about this on another forum!

Anyways, I have found that really rude people are generally less intelligent. I just use big words to confuse them. Not saying that less intelligent people are rude by default.

My friends are some of the nicest people around, and none of them are rocket scientists. :rolleyes:

ohhh got it about the chavs. They kind of seem fightclubish like.
I would agree that this tends to be a southern thing. I was raised in the North, but I have spent the last 5 years in the South ( AR and TN) and I have noticed a huge change. People are a lot friendlier in the south vs the north. Everyone seems more laid back and time is not as finite as it is in the North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom