Could this be a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are thinking it is a scam. It turns out the boat is in Dallas, TX but the pic of the boat was taken in Louisville, KY. The people that are looking at the boat said they recognized the background as Cave Hill Cemetery which is in Louisville. I don't understand how the boat is in Dallas but the pic was taken in Louisville.

Here is a link to the ad:
really nice family boat 2005 TRITON TR186 LMT 2006 175HP MERCURY W TRA

I have been told that the motor itself is worth $15,000 alone. He said that the boat brand new costs around 30 to $35,000.

If it is legit, it would still be worth it to drive down there from Southern Indiana.

The ad it self says that it is in Louisville KY, yet, the seller/boat are supposedly in Dallas Tx????

SCAM, no way that is legit, I don't know much about boats, but when selling most things and you name the length, it's the physical length of the boat, I know that boat is no 180+ foot long. -.-

I am thinking that the length is a misprint. It should say 18 feet. They might have gotten the length confused with the model.

I think I am going to tell them to stay away from this one. The people that are looking at the boat are also thinking scam.

One thing I noticed, I don't normally browse craigslist, but, when I do, I don't normally see the entire add as a picture, text and all. Scammers do that on social networking sites quite often to make it easier to scam people so they don't have to always copy/paste the text. -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom