COSMOS: Carl Sagan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyV04988

Fully Optimized
Okay, so these are from 1980, but holy crap, they are gold. Carl Sagan is like a mature Mr. Rogers that makes everything so simple and intriguing. I'm only on the 2nd film, but wow, everyone in the world should be taught this stuff and in this manner!

Cosmos: Carl Sagan - 01 - The Shores of the Cosmos - Sprword.com

I've been watching dozens of documentaries on nearly everything and I am getting quite addicted. This site has so many great films, such as:

Why We Fight (All about the MIC)
We (Power vs powerlessness)
The Naked Truth (Profound look at religion vs spirituality)
Zeitgeist (We all know about this one...)

READ THE BOOK. excellente. carl sagan was an excellent example of a pothead astronomer/physicist/genius

haha. Pothead? :( I'm really anti-drug (rather, pro-purity).

He's such an awesome teacher though. I love these videos. I am on the 6th one already. It's like a very scientific and universal "Planet Earth" series.

yeah dude CS toked up. lol sorry to ruin it for you. he really was brilliant, though. read the book "cosmos". it's friggin amazing.
he also wrote "contact" (another awesome book), a fiction work that was made into a movie.

He wrote contact? That's interesting...

It's funny, my overwhelming desire in the world (edit: not in the world) has primarily become to go to another planet with human-like beings. (star wars comes to mind lol, but maybe not so connected and normal)

The odd thing is though, we've only been around for such a short instance, what are the chances that our timelines would ever line up? We're bound to destroy ourselves in the next few centuries or something. If our understanding truly becomes mature and honest, then things might turn out otherwise. Zeigeist though lol... not looking to good!

yes, indeed he did.
yeah man the humans that survive the next few centuries will be miles away from people like us. and as far as meeting so called "aliens"....one in a billion. but, tell me that with the trillions of stars IN OUR GALAXY ALONE...there isn't one single other planet that can host life...? i think not. but the distances are VAST...they dwarf anything that we can even begin to compare...

yes, indeed he did.
yeah man the humans that survive the next few centuries will be miles away from people like us. and as far as meeting so called "aliens"....one in a billion. but, tell me that with the trillions of stars IN OUR GALAXY ALONE...there isn't one single other planet that can host life...? i think not. but the distances are VAST...they dwarf anything that we can even begin to compare...

That's what makes it so agonizingly intriguing. It is priceless, and equally insurmountable with good reason. I would totally hug an alien.

Those humans that survive will be interesting indeed. Total understanding, (or at least void of misunderstanding). Hopefully there will still be such privative things as love however.

I think it's utterly astounding that matter has risen to the level of consciousness merely through the ability to change forms and a general push towards complexity and harmony. It blows all theology out of the water! It is more a spiritual awe than any religious belief I can think of.

man when you think of what is happening microscopically...in US right now...thats mind blowing. i think it actually supports most theology. that there must be a creative power driving what it is that makes us who we are.
or at least we recognize that creative force...

hmmm... I do believe in a sort of blueprint. Like, a governing of what energy even was in that first instant. And with that perfect initial condition, consciousness would be warranted to develop.

I certainly recognize that force, but not as one that keeps a scoreboard or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom