Corrective Measures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

welsh

In Runtime
hey, i was just talking to my mum whos friend just had a heart attack and the hospital is apprently not taking corrective measures, we dont know what that is but it doesnt sound good, does anyone know what this means used in a medical sense?

I think what he means by "corrective measures" is that the hospital isn't taking good care of his mom's friend who is there because of an heart attack.

It could mean that it wasn't severe enough to need any kind of surgery. Or it could mean it is too severe or her overall health is too fragile to do surgery.

^ im assuming your not fully covered with HMO and Maybe they cant continue? but I'm not sure considering your canadian

it probably means they determined that the cause of the heart attack was a factor that is no long present. possibly a freak clot that broke loose.

95% of the time what causes a heart attack has a possibly of returning, so not taking corrective measures is poor health care IMO.

superdave1984 said:
It could mean that it wasn't severe enough to need any kind of surgery. Or it could mean it is too severe or her overall health is too fragile to do surgery.

I think Dave has your answer here Welsh.

superdave1984 said:
Dave cheated, Dave works at a hospital.

My entire family works in the medical field, except me, I had to be the black sheep of the family, so I have heard that term too many times to count!! :p

my dad is the lawyer for the local hospital and I asked him and he just said that that means that they are not performing surgery because of
a)the womans health is too poor
b)she had a freak heart attack that will not recur
c)her insurance will not cover it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom