Conservative Child Care Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
I have a debate tomorrow about the Conservative Party of Canada, and their child care plan with $1200 going to each child under the age of 6 per year. I need to know some Cons about their choices, and their choice to scrap the original liberal child care plan.

that helped..........lol.............i certainly hope that doesnt happen............i hope to god that doesnt happen.

There has been some controversy over the Harper government's plan for child care. The Conservatives have promised to eliminate a federal child care program introduced by the previous Martin government, and replace it with a monthly stipend for each child. Supporters of the child care program have argued that the stipend is inadequate, and will not address the need for child care spaces, particularly in urban centres. Harper's government has argued that the program is inflexible and discriminates against stay-at-home parents. Harper has stated that his government will work with service providers in the private sector to create additional spaces.

Wikipedia.com - search for Stephen Harper.

yeah........that didnt help much after looking at it.......but hey thanx again.

I think its silly, money could go so many other places where they would have alot more use such as education. How about that money be put into an investment plan for each child under 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom