Confusing vocabulary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylus said:
I agree it is very stupid. I'd like to see someone try to pick up a chick using l33t speak. It'd probably look something like this:

H3y b4by h0w y0u d01ng, 1 w4s 0n t3h c0unt3r str1k3 pwn1ng s0m3 n00bs wh3n 1 th0ugh "m3h, 1'll g0 s33 wh4t th3 hunn13s 1s d01n'" y0u kn0w wh4t 1 m34n?

LOL, now that deserves some good ol' netspeak props.:p

Re: Re: Confusing vocabulary

Harper said:
And then there is the number of people that things is cute to put the letter x0r at the end of words. It translates as "I'm a Leet Retard" in my eyes
More correctly, it actually should translate into "I'm a Leetx0r Retardx0r"

;)

I only use "1337-speak" to make fun of it, or the people using it with any level of seriousness.

A lot of leet-speak (correction in edit: general internet slang) used on instant messengers bothers me. I hate things like "ZOMFGLOL" and the various twenty-letter incarnations of "ROFLMAO". I absolutely HATE "trendy" misspellings, such as "kewl". I don't mind internet-speak that's used for shortening commonly used phrases, such as "IMO", "brb" (which may often need to be typed quickly), "fwiw", etc.

"ZOMFGLOL" and the various twenty-letter incarnations of "ROFLMAO"
This shouldnt be connected w/ 1337 speak at all. Nor should X04 or w/e but connected w/ it. 1337 should just plain be the use of symbols for words period. That crap up there is just 4 year old ********. I do it occationaly to be stupid but thats it.

unless i've mistaken, the "leet speak" as we know it was derrived from hackers in the 70's and more prominatnly, the 80's. Since encryption was no where near the ease it is today (with processing power 685940 fold that of those older computers), they spoke this to "encrypt" their text. Eventually, it was put aside and later adopted by the wackers (wannabe hackers, also an implisive word :p).

There are three main kinds of leet speak as well, the "hard core" one, the "medium" one and the "soft" one. hard core has no letters at all, and is something like "1 |o\/\/|\| |\|0085 4|| |)4'/!!" Medium leet is something like "1 p\/\/|\| |\|00b5 4ll d4y!!" and soft core leet is simply replacing the vowels with numbers, so "1 pwn n00bs 4ll d4y!!"

here is the google leet site (my home site :p) http://www.google.com/intl/xx-hacker/
this would be medium leet (1337)

you can also search google for more leet stuff

but i agree with Qiranworms in the sense that i HATE those "trendy" words that cycle around... kewl, noice, <3U, swtsm (i think this is only bellingham... sweetasom = sweet + tight + awsome)

i do think leet is cool though, if somethings really like "secret" in some way, i'll encrypte the leet with the x-ecrypte algorythm, making it INSANELY hard to crack... because people think they cracked it wrong and got just a bunch of symbols :p... but im cool like that and spend time figureing out HOW to crack an algorythm :(

haha, i remember my parents walked in and someone was like "wtf?!" and their like "what the 'f'???" (they said "f", not f***) and i was like "NO!! they were asking when to come over and put Wednesday, Thursday, Friday?

Re: Re: Re: Confusing vocabulary

Sylus said:
H3y b4by h0w y0u d01ng, 1 w4s 0n t3h c0unt3r str1k3 pwn1ng s0m3 n00bs wh3n 1 th0ugh "m3h, 1'll g0 s33 wh4t th3 hunn13s 1s d01n'" y0u kn0w wh4t 1 m34n?
17'5 r47|-|3R 5(4R'/ 7|-|@ 1 (4|\| r34D 4|\|D U|\|D3R574|\|D \/\/|-|@ j00Z \/\/R073 jU57 7|-|3|\|.

Qiranworms said:
I only use "1337-speak" to make fun of it, or the people using it with any level of seriousness.
Me too. Hence the reason why I did that ZOMG It's the Date Of The Beast Thread Title

Qiranworms said:
A lot of leet-speak (correction in edit: general internet slang) used on instant messengers bothers me. I hate things like "ZOMFGLOL" and the various twenty-letter incarnations of "ROFLMAO". I absolutely HATE "trendy" misspellings, such as "kewl". I don't mind internet-speak that's used for shortening commonly used phrases, such as "IMO", "brb" (which may often need to be typed quickly), "fwiw", etc.
It the ZOMFGLOLBBQ and (R4P like that that drives me batty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom