Computers in the Near Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya your right I heard Win 7 is great but I have been holding off because just like every new windows that comes out at first there is security issues! is there any Security issues with Win 7?

Even with your updated, firewalled, antivirused Windows XP there's still security issues. If you're worried about security, get a typewriter? EVERY OS Has security problems, it's just whether or not people are going to exploit them.

Even with your updated, firewalled, antivirused Windows XP there's still security issues. If you're worried about security, get a typewriter? EVERY OS Has security problems, it's just whether or not people are going to exploit them.

I thought when there is updates thats a postive thing!

can I ask for everyones opinion about Blue-Ray machines or am I in the wrong place?

think about it how much easier it is to man handle a cell phone or laptop than a 30 pound tower or whatever when you have to take your computer in to get fixed just a example!

I'd rather be able to read what's on my screen. And I don't have a need to take my PC anywhere to have it fixed, ever.

Bigger is better! As stated in previous posts, multiple HDD's, overclocking, screen size, upgradeability, graphics potential, multiple optical drives, not to mention a space heater if your overclocked and have a cold room haha. Enthusiasts MAY be the only people to keep the computer tower alive, but there will need to be some major advancements to get the general public to completely change over to sole laptop use nevermind the gamer/graphical designer/enthusiast.

I think mainstream computer users are causing a shift in computers to have their components integrated. This in my opinion is going to make computer "upgrades" a thing of the past. I was talking to my aunt a while back and she's a COBAL programmer for a bank. She said that a lot of the office environments in these banks aren't upgrading individual parts in the computers they are just buying dirt cheap computers with integrated everything and just replacing them every few years. It's just turning into wastefulness some people i know, computer illiterate people have literally thrown their computers away because they had a virus and believed the computer was completely garbage because of it.

Last thing i read to do with computers was instead of reading the electrons charge, they are now proposing it reads it's 'spin'. A radical new way on how the circuitry works, which should be much more efficient with less heat output. So yes, Desktop PC's will likely get smaller. Or atleast have the ability to be smaller. Hardcore enthusiasts will always get the fastest they can no matter what the size really.

I don't think desktop PC's will be phased out. They are just to useful for word processing, media and gaming. These are never as good on a laptop unless you use an external monitor, and plug in a keyboard and mouse to your very high end gaming laptop, but that imo entirely defeats the point of a laptop.

When my gaming PC died I just bought a new laptop (MacBook Pro) because I just don't see the need anymore for a desktop. PC gaming was the only reason I held out as long as I did and now that is not what it once was, is there really a need for desktops anymore? I think not, and I think desktops will soon be confined to only servers and business workstations. I hook my monitor, keyboard, and mouse up to my MacBook so it still feels like I am using a desktop.

ya your right I heard Win 7 is great but I have been holding off because just like every new windows that comes out at first there is security issues! is there any Security issues with Win 7?
Wow your like 2 months and then some behind. Why ask here when there is so many topics about this in the Windows area which is dedicated to that subject. Seems kinda silly to me.

Desktops are not going anywhere. PC Gaming is alive and well and is poised to take over even console gaming. Despite people's belief that laptops are the thing of the future it isnt so. Laptops are great for older generations. Sorry but it is the truth. We find it easier to work with laptops cause we can sit in our comfy chair in front of the TV or whatever instead of being tied to a desk where the PC is.

Desktops are still what drives the industry. Do you really think that if Laptops and Cell Phones were going to take over that all the effort to develop 2TB hard drives, video cards that barely fit into normal cases and PhsyX cards would still be going on? I doubt it as 2 of the 3 will never be used in a laptop. Even right now since the laptop drives are so small they have yet to reach the same plateaur that the desktops have.

If a company can make money from it, it will still be researched and developed. Since people love to update their desktops to the latest and greatest everytime a new product is released, desktops are not going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom