Computers in the Near Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

buick1957

Banned
I been reading and hearing that these home Computers could be getting fazed out as cell phones and laptops could be taking over just think where computers and the internet has changed in the last 10-20 years I think these big computers are going to be a thing of the past!

Not until they can add a bigger screen and keyboard to a phone or laptop.

think about it how much easier it is to man handle a cell phone or laptop than a 30 pound tower or whatever when you have to take your computer in to get fixed just a example!

big computers will never be a thing of the past. Cell phones are super slow and expensive to be on-line. Most of us can't afford. Oh, and that goes for laptops too, slow...every time I get on a laptop I can feel the veins popping out of my neck from frustration.

Enthusiasts will keep the desktop alive, if no one else will. Ever try to change a CPU in a laptop? You can forget changing a graphics card on almost any of them.

For those of us who like to upgrade and tinker (as well as overclock), a laptop just won't cut it.

When I can squeeze 5 hard drives, 2 vid cards and get sub 6 second pi runs I will think about it. :)

as for me I like big computers better but then again if it was up to me I think we should all have the option to stay with Windows XP or not instead of being pressured to change or upgrade I'm happy with Windows XP over Vista but I find in the Computer world we never have a choice $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Obviously you have yet to use Win7. :)

I was a huge xp fan and only moved to Vista when I needed a 64bit OS (although it was better than I expected)

Win7 is much better than both by far.

I been reading and hearing that these home Computers could be getting fazed out as cell phones and laptops could be taking over just think where computers and the internet has changed in the last 10-20 years I think these big computers are going to be a thing of the past!

not going to happen. especially since CPU's and such are still made from silicon.

not going to happen. especially since CPU's and such are still made from silicon.

ya your right I heard Win 7 is great but I have been holding off because just like every new windows that comes out at first there is security issues! is there any Security issues with Win 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom