Computer Programs

spacecadet11

In Runtime
Hello. I would like to know if I can download a program..or do I have one on my computer that can turn my computer into a 'scientific calculator'?

Hmm. I have a 'computer'...hmm..I am thinking 'computation'.

Can I use my computer to make beautiful mathematical graphs..that would use my entire screen?

Thanks for your response
Bye
SC

Hello. If I wanted to do the same thing by 'computer programming'..is there a 'simple' programming language I can download to use to do it..or does my computer already have it somewhere?

Hello. If I wanted to do the same thing by 'computer programming'..is there a 'simple' programming language I can download to use to do it..or does my computer already have it somewhere?

There are many programming languages - no Windows doesn't include any by default.

What exactly are you wanting to do in the language? Create graphs and such, or just perform calculations?

Pretty much any language can perform normal calculations...for more powerful math operations...languages like R or even the entire Matlab suite are better suited for actual mathematical computations and particularly graphing.

Since I have a computer with a large computer screen..as opposed to simply a calculator.. I would like use it as a calculator..maybe graphing..aa...anything I can think of.

Thanks for the response.
SC

Well Windows comes with a built in scientific calculator. Just change the default mode from normal to scientific - it just can't do graphing. However, there's many applications out there that will do this (heck, even websites that support graphing of calculations and such).

What kind of computations are you going to be performing would be my biggest question.

Hello. I have downloaded the "R" programming language. I was wondering whether it is the right idea. I 'think' pascal, maybe c,+ etc..are rather 'older' languages. Is it a popular, largely used..worthwhile to learn programming language?
I used to know Msdos..but that is rather old and not a programming language.
I have heard of a push for 'coding' education in schools. Would R be a language that 'modern' students would be exposed to or learning?
Thanks for you response
SC

Hello. I have downloaded the "R" programming language. I was wondering whether it is the right idea. I 'think' pascal, maybe c,+ etc..are rather 'older' languages. Is it a popular, largely used..worthwhile to learn programming language?
Pascal not so much today. C/C++ are still widely used, as they are what most OS's are developed in, game engines, etc. Anything that needs to talk to hardware is usually done in C/C++

I used to know Msdos..but that is rather old and not a programming language.
Still 'programming', but it's a scripting language.

I have heard of a push for 'coding' education in schools. Would R be a language that 'modern' students would be exposed to or learning?
Thanks for you response
SC

No, R wouldn't be widely taught. R is used mainly for statistics and specific mathematics purposes. Python, C++, or Java would be more likely to be taught in a school.

Visual c++ is just an IDE (one of many) for developing C++. Also. Visual C++ 2010 is very outdated and replaced by Visual Studio Community 2015.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom