computer mag.. lookin for a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
today i picked up a maximum pc computer mag, and officially imho, i think it suks like hell.

anyways im looking for a computer magazine that talks about new software/hardware for the pc

and tips about pc maintence act..

maximum pc kinda has it i guess, but its more about suping up computers it seems =p

anyways, someone tell me some magazines!

I have been looking too...I have to agree though. not many goodens out there.

hmm ill get one of those issues see how they are, i just purchased smart computing today, since it was only 4.50 canadian. ill let u guys know how it is.
anyways, maximum pc SUX!

personally, i think pc world sucks a lot. it talks too much about business stuff and things like how to protect your computer and stuff. maximum pc is ok, i like the material but dont like the editors. anyway, check out cpu(computer power user) ive picked it up a couple times and it seems pretty good.

well, since I subscribe to 5 PC mags and 1 mac mag, heres my list:

PC Magazine: Pretty good for the moderately advanced user and below. Experts will find it boring. Reviews of products are rudementary. Content is excellent and I hadly ever get bored reading it.

CPU Magazine: Very good. Good news articles and comparisons, in addition to excellent staff and guest writers. Reviews are very well done. Content is excellent.

Smart Computing: Horrible. Boring magazine and a terrible waste of time to read. CPU Mag. is by the same company, so they are distributed together. Therefore, buy CPU magazine if you can.

Computer Shopper: Good. Some of the articles they write are kind of pointless and really shed no new light on anything. Reviews of products are good. Content is also good.

Maximum PC: Excellent. I personally love reading this magazine, essentially because they focus on what every geek wants... big fast, overclocked rigs, how to get your PC there, and what parts to buy. Their reviews are top-notch and so is their support page. I just recently subscribed to this magazine because I got tired of waiting for it to hit newsstands (it hits news stands towards the middle of the month, though subscriptions usually come before the month even starts.)

I recommend: Maximum PC.

hmm , im liking smart computing, i just subscribed for 3 years =P!

i like the indepth reviews/articles on new parts ect...

heh i like smart computing =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom