computer - garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
as the title says, my computer should be headed to the garbage, depending on if i can fix it.

My computer starts to crash (restart, but show an image on the screen), and i want to know what is wrong with this? is it overheating? is the processor dead?

MY system specs are below, in my sig.

Any help is appreciated ;)

more info would helpful... error messages, symptoms, so on.

My first guess is goofy RAM or maybe a twitchy harddrive.

more info...

well as the computer starts up, i click on Firefox (as usual), but this time, it sounds like the computer restarts, yet the screen still shows the waiting mouse pointer, but i move the mouse, yet nothing happens.

Also, the computer quiets down to a Dell when it "freezes" up. Im guessing the processor turned off, or the fan stopped spinning?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

is this an OEM system (Compaq, Dell, HP, etc. etc.), or was it built?? If it was built, can you give us more details about what the components are? 768 MB RAM, 40GB HD, and Intel 835 chipset doesn't tell us anything....... That would be like asking what kind of car you drive, and saying "HID headlights, alloy wheels, spoiler, 2 doors.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to say in the second part of your post.... "it quiets down to a Dell??" Are you saying that you don't HEAR anything anymore? When this happens, pop open the case, and LOOK to see if any of the fans are still running.

Are there any applications that DO work on the PC right now?

go see my reply in your other post....
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=785916#post785916

this computer is custom built, by a computer store that are probably crooks, judging by their prices.

The components in my computer are:

2X Kingston RAM chips (512 + 256)

ASRock P4i45GV motherboard - http://computing.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/sbs/111101/9259865.html

Intel Celeron D 330 Processor

Western Digital 40GB hard drive

LG 16X DVD+/-RW internal

Floppy

Wireless PCI (not used)

anything else?

and yes, i get the celeron jokes all the time, its actually starting to get annoying.

it quiets down, but its still running. I can barely hear the fans, and i hear a little hum.

Then i just manually restart. it.

so either reinstall the OS or install a different OS or boot up a live cd and see what happens, while your at it start checking for hardware problems, but it sounds like its a software issue

PS, dont throw it away, it isnt garbage, the parts are worth keeping at the very least.........check CPU temp too before you get very far, check the PSU too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom