Computer fried????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dykzeulb

In Runtime
Hello all! I am very sad to say I think I fried my computer, We received one heck of a storm yesterday and it seems my pc won't turn on... :( I can't figure out whats wrong and I dont really want to take it to the cpu shop to get it fixed because here they charge way over price! If some one could help me with a fix or if some one has a cheap tower for sale let me know anyways thanks alot and I will hit u guys back later!

I tired that the led lights in the front won't turn on, the fan wont even whirr.....I heard thta maybe if I remove all cards except he video card it may work..?

LOL...I just had this happen to me recently. That computer is still not working and the guys in the computer shop said it would basically have to be completely rebuilt. First, try a new power supply. There is a chance that the pwr supply could have stopped the lightning. If that doesn't work, there is a good chance it could be the mobo. If that doesn't work, extend your troubleshooting to your processor, RAM, and so on. Good luck, man.

Just a word of advice, get a cheap one before hand and take out all uneccesary components of the PC and then put a cheap psu in, you might have fried the entire pc...

Mine did, i am currently using the hard drive and the cd-rom drives from the PC that got fried. Dykzeulb, from now on, unplug your PCs when thunderstorms of that severity come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom