Comics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Masters

In Runtime
Anyone here read comics? I'm a huge fan of the Dark Horse series of Star Wars especially about the old republic. I started reading the Action Superman series as well. I was really into comics as a kid and decided to get back into it. Ya I'm a geek. ;)

Not...

... relly into the spandex stuff but heres a list of what I consider to be a good read:

Transmetropolitan
Sandman
Dial V for vendetta
Preacher
The Invisibles

As for things that are being written now the 'Fables' series I find excellent.

Used to be bing into comic books while i was in high school. But now I mainly pick up trade paper backs as they work out cheaper (even though you are waiting 6 month to 2 years for them)

I read :-
* Ultmate Spider-Man
* Ultimate X-Men
* The Ultimates
* Meridian
* Sigel
* Negation
* Route 666
* Tales Of The Jedi

* Dragon Hunter
* Ragnarok
* Junk Force - Lets Leave This Planet And Never Look Back
* Shaman King
* Anything by Masamune Shirow
eg. Ghost In The Shell 1 & 2, AppleSeed (My Fav), Orion, etc

I have a rather large collection. I currently get any and all Dark Horse stuff on the Aliens and Predators (separate or together). I also get Green Lantern and JLA (started the series and don't want to quit).

Dave :D

I used to read Beano when i was a kid...i think its a british thang...

Silesia, Tales of the Jedi is awesome but those Dark Horse trade paperbacks are so hard to get a hold of.

DMo224, Aliens vs. Pred is awesome too, ya look at my avatar. ;)

Ken Masters said:
I noticed it. I'd love to have one of their "camo" suits.

I'm starting to feel sorry for the aliens. They were just minding their own business and not thinking of interplanetary domination, and now everyone is kicking their butts. Just about all the super heroes and some not so super people are wearing them out. It's the predator's fault! Isn't is about time that the aliens beat someone? :p

Dave :D

Ken Masters said:
Silesia, Tales of the Jedi is awesome but those Dark Horse trade paperbacks are so hard to get a hold of.

I have not had any problem getting them down here. Kino always seem to have them instock.
KOTOR is cool too. And I look forward to KOTOR II in the 2005.

Ken Masters said:

Depends on who is doing the writing. I remember reading AVP :- Deadliest Of The Species, (DHC 2nd AVP series) and it was long and dreadful.

And then there is the Aliens Vs. Predator Vs. Terminator mini-series that left me shaking my head.

Ken Masters said:
Lol. Ya blame it on the preds. I can't wait for Aliens vs. Predator the movie. That's gonna be awesome.

I do look forward to the AVP Movie. Directed my Paul W.S. Anderson that has been reponible for some of my favorite films :-
* Resident Evil
* Soldier
* Event Horizon
* Mortal Kombat (I'm a sucker for that one)

They always seem to be bringing out more Alien Movies, but personally I am more of a fan of the "ugly mother****er"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom