comcast box again whats really goin on

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
so they say its because they switched to "completely digital tv broadcast"

and when i said that my tv is already digital they mumbled something like
uh well its umm digital but not really we are more digital than your tv( at least thats what it sounded like)

when i said that i was getting HD channels on my tv for at least a year again the rep mumbled something ending with" you have to use the fn box"

i hate the box because now its one more remote on my table( in addition to another 6)
and i have to use tv remote to turn it on and then use this dinky ass remote to work the channels

and the quality looks like crap compared to what it was with just plugging it directly to my tv.

im suspecting that they encoded the signal because people were getting HD channels for free on their new lcd/led tvs with digital tuners

and now they are lying out their ass to try to mislead customers about the real reason why the box was forced on the customers

anyone have details on this issue?

It's purely for encryption purposes and to more easily control what package people have in the end. It is also to help keep people from using old school VCR and DVD recorders to record tv shows...

In the end, nothing you can do. Don't like it, find a different company. Or go free with an antenna.

Back
Top Bottom