Colleges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emily said:
They're just regular colleges except they only go for two years, so you can't get a full degree from them. Usually people go to a jc for two years and then transfer to a full four-year college for another two years to get their degree. I know a ton of people who are going to do that when they graduate high school because the jc is about a millionth of the price of even a public four-year college.

But I take it there aren't any near you. :p

Will they really accept you if you're only in high school ? (I'll be a freshman this coming school year.)

Yeah... I took three classes when I was in middle school. You just have to get a ton of signatures. When you're in high school, you still have to get a ton of signatures but it's generally easier to get in. A lot of people at my high school take classes at the JC to get requirements out of the way that they can't fit into their regular schedule (like P.E.).

That sounds good , but I'll try to find out if my school's CS classes actually teach some programming. If they don't I'll really consider taking some courses at a junior college if there's one in my school's area, though there probably won't.:(
Minden's only a town of about ,10,000 people and the nearest college that would teach programming would be a 20 mile drive, and that's after I get my driver's license!

i go to a private school too, and we have a AP computer science, so i assume if it gets u ready for the ap exam it must be pretty good, they said it deals with hardware and java. I think i wil take it as a junior, becuz they only offer it to juniors and seniors.

Devry for myself; Graduated with my bachelors in Networks and Communications Management. Now I'm currently attending a local Junior College for my Fire1,Fire2 and EMT certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom