COICA, Internet Censorship, and Demonoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
What's everyones opinion on COICA? I agree in some aspects it's good, but, it opens to many possibilities to be abused by a single gov.

Also, since COICA is postponed till the next session, what's everyones opinions on ICE taking domain names, even legit site domain names?

I noticed Demonoid is also changing there domain to one the states doesn't have the authority to touch, but, somehow, that won't change anything....

Sensing Danger, Demonoid BitTorrent Tracker Ditches .COM Domain | TorrentFreak

Re: COICA, Internet Sensorship, and Demonoid.

Ive already posted this here and my opinion stands. This is a front for what the US is really trying to pull which is FBI wiretapable servers with no encryption. Thats right, they want control over anything and everything.

This is a bad idea, and the MPAA and RIAA are using it to take down anything associated with torrenting whether its legit or not. Its to the point that senators have been paid off to get this thing pushed hush hush.

I would also like a source on that, but, as is, the patriot act or w/e it was that bush passed, gives them permission to intercept any communications transmission, which includes anything on the internet, with out a warrant.

It is a sad time when private interests are dictating government regulations and actions.

I would also like a source on that, but, as is, the patriot act or w/e it was that bush passed, gives them permission to intercept any communications transmission, which includes anything on the internet, with out a warrant.

This is it right here. They are using COICA as a means to cover up their crap in the background. Im to lazy to search through the links off Demonoid.

Ya know, after thinking about it, the gov could pull youtube offline after coica passes, due to all the "terroristic training videos" on there.

That is when people will start going WTF???? Youtube is a terroristic org?!?!?! OMFG?!@?!@

Then half the others, that are computer literate, and don't listen to the spin that "news" reporters put on things, will know it's because the people allowed COICA. IMO, if it passes, there needs to be something in there, that will prevent the take down of legitimate sites, that host nothing illegal.

ACtually if you think about it they could take Youtube down for what the bill is intended for. Lots of Copyright issues goin on with Youtube right now.

This is true, but the amount of people that use it, I would say far exceeds what any tracker/torrent site sees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom