COICA, Internet Censorship, and Demonoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: COICA, Internet Sensorship, and Demonoid.

Governments should be afraid of people, not people afraid of their governments....

Democracy also only works when the people are not imbeciles without free thought and where parties keep their promises on policies.

This is true, but the amount of people that use it, I would say far exceeds what any tracker/torrent site sees.

Which is exactly why they want to take it down. You dont need to buy albums when every song is on Youtube basically. Including remixed ones which are generally better than the original.

Ya know, after thinking about it, the gov could pull youtube offline after coica passes, due to all the "terroristic training videos" on there.

That is when people will start going WTF???? Youtube is a terroristic org?!?!?! OMFG?!@?!@

Then half the others, that are computer literate, and don't listen to the spin that "news" reporters put on things, will know it's because the people allowed COICA. IMO, if it passes, there needs to be something in there, that will prevent the take down of legitimate sites, that host nothing illegal.

I somehow don't think the government would take youtube down.. Its hard to say that they would take down a multi billion dollar website when the gov is more then likely getting or going to get a payout from it.

I somehow don't think the government would take youtube down.. Its hard to say that they would take down a multi billion dollar website when the gov is more then likely getting or going to get a payout from it.

Maybe in tax, but with the RIAA up their asses constantly about Copyright Infringement something like an excuse like COICA to take Youtube down is plausible. And COICA is already moving on up.

There has been attempts in the past from the gov trying to force what youtube had.

There have also been attempts that failed to take them down. Im 50/50 on whether it will get taken down because Youtube isnt exactly what they have in mind if you know what i mean.

Yes, I know this, but, as I said, the law has enough holes that would permit for them to do it at any time.

Maybe in tax, but with the RIAA up their asses constantly about Copyright Infringement something like an excuse like COICA to take Youtube down is plausible. And COICA is already moving on up.

Ultimately money wins and Google has plenty of it so I don't see Youtube being taken down any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom