cleaning your keyboard...would you do it?

What should I upgrade?

• New Processor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Ram

• New Sound Card

• Other - Explain in Reply

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tajahem said:
I replace my keyboards every year as WSAD starts to become less responsive so I don't usually need to do more.

LOL! for some reason that really made me laugh!

Mr_Threepwood said:
I have a question, usually when I clean my keyboard I pop off all the keys and wash them manually, and wipe down the area underneath the keyboard. With the optimus keyboard will there be a good way to clean it?
Not sure.

I would be using the canned O2 and Vacuum cleaner meathod.

tajahem said:
Canned air and maybe a used monitor wipe is the extent of what I will clean my keyboard with. I replace my keyboards every year as WSAD starts to become less responsive so I don't usually need to do more.
or the those keys become faded. So far I am inpressed with the Logitech G15 as the keys have not fade on me yet due to use.

tajahem said:
On the subject of hardy electronics, I have a Kingston 512MB flash memory stick that has been through the laundry (washer and dryer) not once, but twice. I don't know if that sucker is water tight or if the fact that it was in my pocket protected it, but I can still use the thing.
Done that mistake too. However I am not gain enough to try that with the dryier.

joshd said:
LOL! for some reason that really made me laugh!

I buy cheap (less than $20) keyboards. They tend to wear out faster....

...or at least that is what I tell myself. I'm probably just addicted to that new keyboard smell. :snob: :wooha: :D

Should see my old keyboard, the space bar had little ittsy bitsy bumps for a good feel of a new keyboard, well it was smooth and shiney when it finaly screwed up for good along with its wireless mouse.... Never saw a mirror so shiney :p

Oh of course I would. Heck i throw my video card, cpu, and hard drives in the washing machine every week.

NeedAcpu said:
Oh of course I would. Heck i throw my video card, cpu, and hard drives in the washing machine every week.
I have an easier method, just open up the side panel of your PC case and get a pressure washer ready........after washing it I wax the motherboard and grease the hard drive with high temperature grease.

Frank Jaeger said:
I have an easier method, just open up the side panel of your PC case and get a pressure washer ready........after washing it I wax the motherboard and grease the hard drive with high temperature grease.

I should try that. Also I'm thinking of puting it into the oven and heating it up to 420 degrees to burn off any remaining germs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom