Civic Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least im not at the bottom :p

Eagleboy: First off, my name is Tox1cthreat not Toxicthreat but whatever, thats not a major concern.

Either way, you would have been much better off with:

By the way your direct linking the photos to MTs and other websites which is grabbing their bandwidth, It doesnt seem like alot but it adds up. I suggest youthrow the images to a image server like photobucket or somthing. Thanks.

But instead you had to go out and be a jerk about it

Originally posted by Eagleboy

PS - Way to be a **** to Motortrend.com and the other sites you stole images from. If you must, host the images on your own server.

HOTLINKING IMAGES FROM OTHER WEBSITES IS BAD INTERNET ETIQUITTE.

great way to try to get somethign accomplished. (sarcastic)

Im not going to sit here and get in a flaming war with you, Im not going to sink to that level. Im not going to tell you your scum either becuase honestly I dont care that much. By the way, the link you posted, that was a perfectly good way to ask someone not to link images. Too bad you had to spin it in a negative direction.

Originally posted by Eagleboy

Before I rant any more about being a considerate human being, just read this...
http://www.deuceofclubs.com/switcheroo/index.html

Your trying to tell others how to be considerate?! I dont knw ohow you got your calculations on the bandwidth, but just out of respect for MT and the other sites I linked to, Ill change it up, and host it somewhere else... NOT becuase of your total lack of and disregard for common dencency.

Eh, we're all allowed to be jerks, aren't we?

You were one earlier for hotlinking, and I was one for inappropriately telling you that you were and why it's bad.

I am sorry I took it like that... I guess I get ****y after work, but my opinions still stand through the haze of being an idiot.

(I didn't call you "scum" either... I said you would be if you continued to do things like hotlink off of other people's servers. So, that was by no means the present tense - but looking back that was a ****-poor way of saything that either way)

(Oh, and I don't really consider the numerical one to be a letter in any sense of the word, so that was my act of protest for the day, Toxicthreat:D)

Once again, I apologize - I was in the wrong with the way I worded my opinions. I try not to let that happen - but slipping happens to the best of us, I suppose.

No worries, its cool.

I'm not mad upset or anythign about it. I just strongly believe that if you want something done, its all in how you ask for it (took a while with the parents but it can be workable)..

and yea, were definitly allowed to be jerks.

BTW, I do appreciate the link you gave as far as explaning it. It all makes sense..

Finally, I certianly understand the whole work mood haha

Eh... Civic Si.
Not the best car on the road.
I guess if you LIKE that kind of car, it would work....
But no one will give you any respect.
The American car guys will call you a ricer
The Ricer guys will call you out for driving a stock car.
Its a lose/lose situation unless you plan on modifying it heavily.

just my .02

Eagleboy said:
That's twice what the old civics had then... ~200hp is NOT bad at all. How can you say a 200% improvement is bad?

My Focus has ~140hp, and it moves (5-speed). Not the fastest car in the world, but it is very very fun to drive.

actually the first civics to hit the US had 2 cyclinder engines that made about 40-45hp, I had one

horndude said:
actually the first civics to hit the US had 2 cyclinder engines that made about 40-45hp, I had one
My sisters Geo Metro is a 55hp 3-banger with a clutch that feelse like jello.
My Focus has ~140hp, and it moves (5-speed). Not the fastest car in the world, but it is very very fun to drive.
I have a Focus too, an 01' yellow ZX3. I have 135hp becase i'm using the Zetec engine instead of the Duratec's found in the 03'-06'ers and the Mazda 3's which have 145hp engines. The Focus SVT has a 170-someodd hp engine and the Saleen Focus N20 is an SVT with body kits and a nitrous kit (It sucks really REALLY hard). If I put a good turbo or supercharger kit in my Focus, i could get to anywhere between 250-325hp, but i'm not goign to do it becuase its really not worth the time and cost to do it.

mac_mogul said:
Eh... Civic Si.
Not the best car on the road.
I guess if you LIKE that kind of car, it would work....
But no one will give you any respect.
The American car guys will call you a ricer
The Ricer guys will call you out for driving a stock car.
Its a lose/lose situation unless you plan on modifying it heavily.

just my .02

Not trying to race it or bring it to any car show.. I jsut like that it looks nice, is pretty good right "out of the box" and since its a honda it should last for a **** long time...

Also, does anyone know if your insurance goes up more if you have a 2 door car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom