cisco NAC agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
I just got my internet working in my dorm and we are required to use this before we are allowed on the universities network.

I'm kind of paranoid about it.

What exactly does this do? It's kind of scaring me...like, do they know what all I go on? I know they basically do since they are considered my IP now...But like..if I go on certain websites, would they be able to tell and contact me over it? Or anything like that?

Cisco NAC Appliance, formerly Cisco Clean Access (CCA), is a network access control (NAC) system developed by Cisco Systems designed to produce a secure and clean network environment -- the NAC appliance is however still referred to as Cisco Clean Access by some in the industry. Originally developed by Perfigo and marketed under the name of Perfigo SmartEnforcer, this network admission control device analyzes systems attempting to access the network and prevents vulnerable computers from joining the network. The system usually installs an application known as the Clean Access Agent on computers that will be connected to the network. This application, in conjunction with both a Clean Access server and a Clean Access Manager, has become common in many universities and corporate environments today. It is capable of managing wired networks in an in-band or out-of-band configuration mode, or Wi-Fi and Virtual Private networks (VPN) in an in-band only configuration mode.

from wiki,

Cisco NAC Appliance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

basically it sounds like it allows your pc to get on thier network.

is that it? I know it detects if you have their anti-virus installed and won't let you on without it :\ to provide them with network security or whatever.

I just don't wanna get on some website like 4chan and they get ****ed and start complaining to me over it :\

I just moved to college too. I had to register my MAC address to access the internet so they can "monitor my bandwidth" < lol @ that.

Anyways, your question should be in their privacy policy. See if you can find that.

I just moved to college too. I had to register my MAC address to access the internet so they can "monitor my bandwidth" < lol @ that.

Anyways, your question should be in their privacy policy. See if you can find that.

No where during the installation of that, registering or anything did i see a privacy policy or terms of service :\

all i know is I can't pirate things or I get fined (sister's friend got $500 per song for like 7 songs lol)....

oh well...i'm sure they won't care as long as it's legal and it's not pirating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom