Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
compusa and circuit city wow. Is everyone getting their computers at Wal-Mart now?

Nope... Newegg.

I honestly do feel bad for all those that lost or will lose they're jobs, but I'm glad big Navy decided I couldn't retire for another 4 years... Or I might be in this same situation. but even the military is cutting back the number of civilian contractors and borderline dirt bags on active duty...

I don't/didn't work for CC, Peter did. I did get laid off, though, on New Year's Eve.

CC deals are no good right now. 10% off MSRP on most stuff, DVDs are 20% off, most cables are 30% off. MSRP is pretty inflated, everything is still priced well above margin and no discounts are given on sale prices. Be a few more weeks till the really good deals hit but when I was talking to my boys there they said they're getting cleared out pretty quickly even at these high prices.

We got the following "deals".

10% off TVs (also video game stuff apparently.)
20% off CD/DVDs
30% Cables, Car Accessories, Furniture

The only deals that really caught my eye was this...It was 85 bucks on newegg yesterday, but either way... it's 60 bucks at CC. Not a bad deal. The "pro" set isn't that good of a deal:

Newegg.com - Logitech 920-000264 Black 104 Normal Keys 14 Function Keys USB Cordless Ergonomics Desktop Wave - Keyboards

Also, they had this for the same price as on newegg, so that's not terrible...

Newegg.com - D-Link DIR-615 IEEE 802.11n (draft) Wireless Router - Wireless Routers

Otherwise...anyone need a spindle of 100 TDK CDs for 10.99?

10% off TVs isn't a liquidation, it's like a labor day sale or something. By the time there are any really good deals, everything will be gone.

This was my big purchase...I got two of these:

560.jpg

One of the last stores in town that sold them. :[

i had 2 of circuit city's stores close by me last month,

even @ 50% off, newegg was still cheaper.

no wonder they went under.

I don't/didn't work for CC, Peter did. I did get laid off, though, on New Year's Eve.

Oh ok, gotcha. Well that's too bad, I see you are busy job-hunting because of your comment about filling out tons of applications. Never fun. Good luck with it Trotter ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom