Circuit City to liquidate remaining US stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...I spent a lot of time working for these guys, sad to see them go. Lot of good times there before the **** hit the fan. I still have some friends who work there and they saw this coming a mile away. Terrible mood in there when I was in a couple of weekends back. I'm glad I got laid off when I did, considering. Might be able to snag a few good deals when the time comes but this leaves Best Buy (where I loathe shopping) as the only major electronics retailer in most places. So now it's BBY, Wally World, and Costco. None of those are good alternatives.

Worst part is the 30,000 employees that will be out of a job.
Joining the other half million jobs that were lost last year.

This is horrible. I usually preferred shopping at CC as apposed to BB. I bought a few of my parts at CompUSA when they were still around, but CC and BB don't really have that much honestly. Newegg and the likes are the only viable options now (I don't have a Fry's here :(). I read a news story though that they are entertaining the idea of sales tax for all online shopping regardless of whether you are purchasing in a state where the store has a physical presence or not. I don't know how they could possibly enforce it, but they are talking about it.

(preface: I work at circuit city)

yeah.. I found out today. It's kinda good though as I was planning on quitting anyway, but it is a shame that ccity is going out as our service I feel is miles ahead of best buy.. And it does suck cause now I have to drive 30-45 minutes to the nearest best buy and get charged an arm and a leg for computer parts, or drive an hour or so down to boston to Microcenter.

Microcenter is like 40 minutes away from me. Maybe because of this they'll get some more business, though. prices are real good for a brick and mortar.

Not to mention we don't have a Best Buy where I live yet anyway...I mean, the only somewhat tech type stores we have are CC, Officemax, and Staples, and the last two don't really count.

On the bright side, I may take the oppourtunity to grab a better router, the d-link I bought from there kinda sucks. Drops drops my wireless all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom