The Christmas 2015 Thread.

This season my gf realized how good the friends are that I keep close. One of them found out that I had money stolen from me and my account wiped and gave me a $50 gift card to buy games. He knew me so well he wrapped it and gave it to me as a present so I couldn't deny his money. So first game I bought was Blops 2 for 9 bucks to play Zombies with my gf.

Sounds like despite the circumstances, you're going to have yourself an enjoyable holiday overall. I'm not getting a new TV, but I'll be spending a lot of time alone and well fed, I can assure you.

In the end I spent the Xmas Holidays mostly alone. No Violins playing intended. I normally spend them alone. I have been doing this for 6 years now and over time you get used to it. I had an enjoyable Xmas thor to an extent. I got a new T.V being a 32 Inch with HDMI and all sorts of other connectivity. I've been watching it all most every day but TBH I don't watch much T.V so thinking of using it as my Main Monitor for my Main very dated pc now.

Aldi has just opened up hear literally about 7 minutes Walk up the road and your their. I haven't been in apart from the once for some one else and I don't intend on going in TBH. I'm not really bothered about it. I normally go to ASDA in the early hours of the morning when I'm paid and its not 24 \ 7 like the Main ASDA over the other side of the estate.

I know that our little ASDA is struggling that is threw the housing estate on the other side (We have Two ASDAs) and apparently it is supposed to be wanting a 24 hour licence to trade alcohol as this new Aldi Store that has opened up is hammering them. Its supposed to be really bad.

We had our very old now Supermarket being KwikSave what shut down and was taken over by Netto then ASDA came alone and took that over and now apparently since like I said Aldi is hear its struggling badly unlike the Main Big ASDA over the other side what is Aldis main competition.

Ended up coming home early as the weather is supposed to get bad tonight / tomorrow. Snow accumulations forecasted anywhere from 4-8" at where I live, to up to 12" where my parents live.

I live in South East Wyoming.... this snow is getting old... and cold.

On a good note, our trash got picked up on Saturday, so on Friday night I put my cans and the neighbors out in the middle of a blizzard, so when I woke up, apparently the neighbor had forgotten the change in pickup, so in return he cleared the snow of my drive and walkway, so that was nice.

Got some random things for Christmas. Most notable was an Amazon gift card that I used for this. My chair finally gave out, so it's about time I get a new one.

I rather have snow than to have all this freaking rain we have had. This time last year we had 3 foot on the ground, now we are lucky to get below 50F.

I ended up getting some cash, clothes, and that's about it. Placed an order for some carbon for my aquarium, and hopefully I will get enough cash to order the thermostat controller for the heating/cooling units that I have for it. Rather tired of manually adjusting things.

Last edited:
some friends came to visit me and i have prepared a big diner for them. Then we went out to watch a film.

Have spent time with family and friends, drank beer, ate food and lazed around. That's pretty much all I ask for at Christmas.

I did get a pre-paid $100 MasterCard for Christmas, but am still waiting on the pension payout to get my gift. I am trying to decide what to get. I am currently at odds over a GTX 960 to replace the 760, or a 32" LCD TV for my main monitor.

Check showed up but bank has put a hold on it until Monday (4 January). Yay! :(

Now I am looking at the GTX 960 vs a R9 380X. Decisions, decisions.

Back
Top Bottom