The Christmas 2015 Thread.

We are planning on fixing a Prime Rib for our Christmas dinner. Christmas Eve the family will get together and exchange gifts.

I'm off work for the week after Christmas, going to try to start house hunting. We put our house up for sale and it sold much faster than we expected (2 weeks on market). On top of that, it was a cash offer so escrow was only 2 weeks as well. We are currently homeless (renting a house though).

Man, you guys really go all out! This is my first year without my g/f, and we went to her mom's every year on Christmas morning, sooo, I'm not 100% sure what I'll be up to this time around. I've had various invites from a few family members, but I can't get over feeling like it's somewhat contrived. My side of the family has always been a multi-way split where the holidays are concerned, and it always feels like there are too many places to be, and not enough me to be there. And now that I have my boys (dogs) living with me, I can't be away for an extended period of time. I dunno, maybe I'll just fire up the Playstation and see what's on Netflix or something. I think I have a box of Mac and a can of chili so I'll have XMas dinner too.

Long weekend at the girlfriend's parents'.

I have the 25th through to the 4th off work (as well as tomorrow), which I will likely spend on finishing Fallout 4, and getting the house in order since my housemates will be away and my girlfriend at work (excluding the days we're at her parents).

Just found out that Aldi's here in Pittsburgh has 8 oz Lobster tails for $9 each. So, Guess I will pick up some for Christmas evening dinner.

Yes- any of my kids who choose not to participate in Christmas cheer ( sing carols, go to church,etc. ) will not get any Lobster. ho... ho. ho... Ya- guess I am still bribing my kids ... WOW - that's pretty bad..

Man, you guys really go all out! This is my first year without my g/f, and we went to her mom's every year on Christmas morning, sooo, I'm not 100% sure what I'll be up to this time around. I've had various invites from a few family members, but I can't get over feeling like it's somewhat contrived. My side of the family has always been a multi-way split where the holidays are concerned, and it always feels like there are too many places to be, and not enough me to be there. And now that I have my boys (dogs) living with me, I can't be away for an extended period of time. I dunno, maybe I'll just fire up the Playstation and see what's on Netflix or something. I think I have a box of Mac and a can of chili so I'll have XMas dinner too.

As said in my previous post I'm not sure I will be going out on Christmas Eve and chances being I will not. I will be all alone, all by my self with some good food mind you but all on my bill like the last 5 years I have lived alone. :omg: :cool: :p .. lol ..

To be quite honest I can't really be a***d if I'm telling the truth. I don't like half the F****ng members in my family to start with. Stab you and wont think twice when your backs turned. All out for them selves and no one else. Vindictive type of people. Very secretive and deceiving. So f* them.

Any ways I know all ready I'm getting a New T.V for my main Xmas Box off my Aunt and I'm well excited for it. I cant wait to get it and post pictures. I hope its 4K. I don't know much about it as in Spek but they are bringing it over to morrow from her house for me. I'm under strict instructions not to touch or open it under any means.

I have some presents hear I have gathered and will accumulate more with what I have named generously as I'm 29, "My Stash." So I'll be looking forward to opening a present after 12AM on Friday like PP said he does.

Also for some reason I have also gathered a shed load of Chocolate and that's for someone who doesn't eat the stuff.

Just found out that Aldi's here in Pittsburgh has 8 oz Lobster tails for $9 each. So, Guess I will pick up some for Christmas evening dinner.

It's nice to know that Aldi's is literally everywhere these days

Must not be everywhere since I had no idea what Aldi's is. I found their website and attempted to find their closest store to me, couldn't find one within my state nor within 1000 mile radius.

As said in my previous post I'm not sure I will be going out on Christmas Eve and chances being I will not. I will be all alone, all by my self with some good food mind you but all on my bill like the last 5 years I have lived alone. :omg: :cool: :p .. lol ..

To be quite honest I can't really be a***d if I'm telling the truth. I don't like half the F****ng members in my family to start with. Stab you and wont think twice when your backs turned. All out for them selves and no one else. Vindictive type of people. Very secretive and deceiving. So f* them.

Any ways I know all ready I'm getting a New T.V for my main Xmas Box off my Aunt and I'm well excited for it. I cant wait to get it and post pictures. I hope its 4K. I don't know much about it as in Spek but they are bringing it over to morrow from her house for me. I'm under strict instructions not to touch or open it under any means.

I have some presents hear I have gathered and will accumulate more with what I have named generously as I'm 29, "My Stash." So I'll be looking forward to opening a present after 12AM on Friday like PP said he does.

Also for some reason I have also gathered a shed load of Chocolate and that's for someone who doesn't eat the stuff.

Sounds like despite the circumstances, you're going to have yourself an enjoyable holiday overall. I'm not getting a new TV, but I'll be spending a lot of time alone and well fed, I can assure you.

Nice, I went Bali this year in July with my wife for our honeymoon.

You come from bali?

Born and raised in Perth WA. First time visiting Bali actually, and tbh I wouldn't come back :/ main attraction is the beaches, and sorry but Australia has Bali whipped in that aspect :p I can travel 2.5 hours from the city and be in beach paradise, plus the weather isn't so damn sticky all the time! Also no piles of burning rubbish all over the street. And you can actually drink the water from the taps. And the air doesn't smell like fetid sewage. And (most of) the people are actually genuinely friendly and don't constantly try to rip you off. Jus' sayin' :p come visit me sometime!

Can't wait for them to get here, it's not *too* bad atm as we have like 3 main competitors, but a big 4th giant can only mean good things.
No Cookies | Perth Now

Back
Top Bottom