China Not Happy About MS anti-piracy tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion those people are getting what they deserve. If they don't want to pay for an os there are plenty of great linux distro's that are free.
But with Microsoft trying to control all the standards, sometimes it's not possible to use anything but a Microsoft OS in order to do certain things or run certain programs

^^ Even so it still doesn't make it right to steal their product and then complain when it doesn't work. Most people only use there pc's for word processing and web browsing so they wouldn't have a problem using linux.

But with Microsoft trying to control all the standards, sometimes it's not possible to use anything but a Microsoft OS in order to do certain things or run certain programs

I absolutely agree.

I think Microsoft is a total ******** company. I can't take them seriously. They're no bigger than an inch tall to me. I've sworn by Ubuntu for a long time now, and especially now since I am running Intrepid Beta and I am incredibly impressed by it (and the final release isn't even out yet). But, unfortunately, computer games are made with the Windows standard. And when it comes to me wanting to play computer games, I have to bend somewhere. But am I willing to bend far enough to drive down to my local Circuit City to buy an authentic copy of Windows just to play Counterstrike Source? LOL. No. You won't ever find me doing that.

After all, the way I see it, I bought the hardware to my computer. I bought the game. Yet I need to spend 200+ on a bluescreening OS to play the fricken game when I'm simply going to reboot to Ubuntu when I'm done with the game? No. No thx.

:)

I agree users shouldnt be punished, those who distribute it should.

Why shouldn't users be punished for stealing? They should be let off the hook just because the guy who gave it to them is doing it more?

The people in that article are all completely retarded.

If they have unknowingly purchased a computer with a dodgy copy of windows, then fair enough. However when they knowing purchase a pirated software, or when they have downloaded it, then that is a different story.

You have to look at it from their point of view. A lot of people in china don't have much money compared to people in the western world, I have a copy of XP Pro which cost me 40p (85cents) and it works fine although I'm onto vista which is a legit copy, if you earned 20 quid a week what are you going to choose?

Just because you don't earn enough money still makes does not strealing of any thing else.
According to your logic, it should mean that it's okay for me to steal a Porche from the car dealership down the road as I do not earn enough money to own one.

Linux is free... let them leech off of it and quit whining because Microsoft finally grew a pair.

That is what I promote at my work. I get a lot of people that want Office, but can not afford the price of MS Office. I then tell them about Open Office.
I do not earn enough from selling computers to make it worth my while to risk getting busted by miscrosoft.

^^ Even so it still doesn't make it right to steal their product and then complain when it doesn't work.
even if they're forced to use the product?
for example, if you're working at a job that requires you to use one specific program or set of programs that aren't available on anything but Windows
or to play the vast majority of PC games (since almost all of them are programmed in DirectX, instead of OpenGL or something). There are a lot of people who would otherwise use Linux if they could run their games on it.

1 thing i dont understand. How is this Microsoft's fault? They are not the ones that code ALL the software out there. So get the people that code these apps that are must have for Linux. It is free and open source. So they have everything they need to get it ported over.

People and companies that are to lazy or to cheap to get products coded for a FREE and Open Source community is not Microsoft's fault. They are not trying to control anything. If they were why would they give money to Linux? Why would they promote Linux by making Virtual PC work with it better?

That is not a excuse. That is like blaming Intel for the fall of AMD's production and R&D of new CPU's. It just isnt true. If Microsoft was truly trying to control the OS market they would have bought out many of the things or coders to stop Linux from getting so big. They would stop projects like ReactOS which is basically a free Windows.

Sorry i see no evidence saying that Microsoft is trying to control anything. Some of the best software i have used is on Linux. K3B which Jayce showed me to is on KDE. Much better than any Windows burning application out there.

I used NT Kernels for years. Actually all my life till last year. When i finally tried Linux. While it was a challenge to convert and use it. There was nothing that i couldnt find or substitute a different program to use. Sorry but that is a conspiracy theory that has no real proof or way to prove it.

Best example browsers. They have not stopped Firefox. In fact they have used what Firefox has done and turned it into actually doing something about their crappy browser. They have seen that there is a calling for things like this. So they have done what they can to compete. They have not attempted to buy out ot stop Mozilla. they jsut used it as fuel. If this was 10 years ago. I would agree. But Microsoft has changed in that aspect. They have not bought out the competition since they got called into court.

Good, if people use stolen software they should expect to have it shut down. That's kind of like someone stealing a thousand dollar TV and getting mad at the police when they show up to take it back and saying they have no right to search your house when they can see from the window that you have a stolen TV.

They always have ubuntu and other linux options so they can always install ubuntu.

Whether it's their fault is besides the point.
I don't think they are technically obligated to do it. And there are situations where you do have to get it yourself.

No it is not beside the point. That is the whole point. You sy that Microsoft is trying to control everything. But Microsoft is not the one who makes the software that Windows uses. It just makes the software that runs the software.

So you are places the blame on the people who create the OS while it is the people who write the software for the OS that are the ones at fault.

It is the same as blaming Vista for driver problems which Microsoft doesnt write the drivers either.

Blaming Microsoft for trying to control the OS world is not justifed. If the coder who write the software would do it for OS X or Linux then this conversation would be null. Cause you wouldnt make that statement cause the software wouldnt just run on Windows.

Apple is trying to rule the world more than Microsoft. They prevent people from doing anything with their software. They block all attempts for it to be run on any hardware but their own, they over charge, they will not even give someone assistance to try and get it running on anything but their own.

Sorry Apok but i dont see how you can say that Microsoft is trying to rule the world. It jsut isnt true. It is not Microsoft fault. It cant be blamed on them cause they have the most widely used Os out there.

People have the choice. They hve FREE ones out there. They choose Windows. It is not Microsoft fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom