Chickenpox - Calamine DOESNT WORK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

septoid2

Daemon Poster
I have the chickenpox, and I'm DYING of itch. I tried putting some calamine lotion on my blisters and it doesn't help at all. I'm still dying of itch.

Any ideas? Maybe I didn't do it right? My whole upper torso looks pink, same with my head.

Re:

Hello,

:( Sympathy.

Did it just start...?

Calamine lotion is the only thing I can think of to soothe itching. Make sure that you're dabbing it onto the skin.

If you do feel feverish take some painkillers, like paracetamol (make sure you don't mix and consume more multiple medicines containing painkillers however).

Taking warm baths (with no soap) every three hours or so can help. Adding some tablespoons of baking power / soda (bicarbonate of soda) may help also.

Unless it's severe, or you are diagnosed of having a weak immune system...then it's a 'let's wait it out' thing unfortunately.

Get well soon though :) .

What i do, is get the chickenpox when your like 1 year old so you dont remeber anything :D

Uh yeah so I don't know anything abuot the chickenpox :)

Yeah well, I'm only 16.. Exams are in two weeks aswell :(

Calamine doesn't really work, I think the Benadryl does however, and my doctor also gave me Valtrex I take 3 times a day.

I can't look at bright light, it hurts.

Someone tell me how long its gonna take for me to get over this? It really started on Monday.

Ouch...that sucks...fortunately I had it when I was very young, and I don't remember a thing about it...

Calamine is a joke....I just like to think of it as being a mixture of water and flour -- It does nothing for me except help to dry out blisters from poison ivy, but it's really not even very effective at doing that.

Anyway, what I found to be the greatest thing to stop itch from when I get poison ivy is to run hot water over it. For example, if I had it on my arm....I'd put my arm under the faucet....I'd first start out with warm water, and increasingly let it get hotter and hotter until I couldn't take any hotter water...let it run for a few seconds, and then I'd pull my arm out...it'd take away the itch for about 10 hours.

So, my recomendation...extremely hot baths.

How about some aloe vera?? That really helped when i got sunburn, maybe it will help that aswell?

HAVOC2k5 said:
Aveeno Oatmeal Bath - I had chicken poxs at 20. That's the only thing that helped. 6+ baths a day...

Boy was that rough.

same thing i used, but i was only 6, and i took about 2 baths a day.

I don't take baths, simply because I never have, and my tub is way to small for me, I'm a pretty big guy. I tried taking a bath once, I looked really weird, my legs were all crunched up and I looked like a giant stuck in a recycling bin.

Anyways now the "bright lights give me headaches thing" is REALLY kicking in . Even as I type this I can't look straight into the screen, my head is tilted and I'm getting a throbbing headache just THINKING about light.

Urgh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom