Cheap harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillGates

Banned
This should probably be in the deals section but their sales dont last long and OT gets more attention.

Tigerdirect has Maxtor SATA 160gb 8mb harddrives on sale for 49.99.

I know most of you on this forum only deal with Seagate and WD but Ive had plenty of Maxtor hardrives and no problems. Right now I'm running 2 of the IDE versions of that harddrive.

Can we spell MAXTOR boys & girls?
P-I-E-C-E 'O' C-R-A-P

Sorry, I just don't trust them to leave the last 15 of my life on them.

Harper said:
Can we spell MAXTOR boys & girls?
P-I-E-C-E 'O' C-R-A-P

Sorry, I just don't trust them to leave the last 15 of my life on them.

Yeah I guess real world reliability doesn't matter. All that matters is what the members here at TF think. If they say its crap, then its crap, no questions asked.

How's this?

Can we spell HARPER boys & girls?
C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D-E-D

BillGates said:
Yeah I guess real world reliability doesn't matter. All that matters is what the members here at TF think. If they say its crap, then its crap, no questions asked.

How's this?

Can we spell HARPER boys & girls?
C-L-O-S-E-D M-I-N-D-E-D

you can't collect enough data to find which hard drive is reliable like people do with cars. By the time enough data is collected regarding a particular brand, for a particular year, its time to upgrade. Cars are different.
I have owned every brand of hard drive, except IBM/Hitachi and they never failed on me.
My favorite was Fujitsu. Why? It was noisy. For some reason I like hearing my hard drive do its thing. I'm sitting here with a glass of OJ and I hear the clackity of the WD and I know the mching is still with me.
I tend to gravitate towards Western Digital. I have nothing against other brands though and will buy one if the price is right.

The fact is that any hard drive company - WD, Seagate, Maxtor, Hitachi, Fujitsu, etc. will make some hard drives that fail. I've never had any hard drive fail on my, neither have my parents. I have a few WDs and my dad has like a half-dozen maxtors, and they all work fine, and have since we got them.

Maxtor's have had the highest failure rate out of any drive.

Yes, maxtor are a peice of ****.

my maxtor crashed but it's now running fine, I did lose all my stuff.

can we spell what you should do boys and girls
B-A-C-K I-T U-P

sandisk is your friend :D

DJ-CHRIS said:
Maxtor's have had the highest failure rate out of any drive.

Yes, maxtor are a peice of ****.

Show me some solid proof and I'll believe you. So far the only people in this thread dissing on Maxtor are the people that dont have them. notice all the people that do have them have nothing but good things to say.

Ive had 3 maxtors over the past 4 years and never had a single problem.....ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom