Charge Fee's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Lately i've been helping a guy out with some software install's and virus removal stuff,now he kind of spread the word around that i helped him and now i have been getting all kind's of call's and knock's on my door from people wanting help too,now i don't want to be greedy but i think my time should be worth something right?,I was just wondering how much i should charge for my time?,I want to be reasonable about the price since i'm no expert,but i don't want to work for d!ck all;),Should i just set price's for certain thing's or should i do it by the hour?

When I do work for people, I charge $20 an hour. Most people will gladly pay 40 or 50 bucks for you to do around two hard hours of work on their comp.

Most of the problem's people are wanting help with is virus removal,i live in kind of low rental's to help save on money and most of the people here are in the same boat,i was thinking it might be best to just charge a certain price for certain thing's,like maybe $15 for installing software and $20 for virus removal and maybe a bit more for installing hardware and that,there's 4 building's here and most have kid's so just imagine all the virus' going around on all the comp's:money:

yeah, my fees are on a sliding scale usually of what i know that person can or will pay.....and if i don't know then i just charge by the job which i make sure i never go below $10/hr.

That's some good money right there, especially if you're the one getting all of the profits.
You better believe it! I get an allowance which is like $26 every 2 weeks! I'd go for it.:eek: :eek:

ive supplied older style computers (p1, p2, p2-celerons) to people who are new to computers very cheaply, and also i give them 2 free lessons, and after that i charge $30/hour (Australian Dollars)

The following is in Australian Dollars :-

My chargers are as follows :-
REPAIRS / VIRUS REMOVAL
ON-SITE :- AU$80+GST per man-hour. First hour is chargable. After that I charge $20+GST for every 15 minute block afterwords.
If I am desperate, I will go down to $60 per hour with $15 per 15 minute block after the first hour.

IN HOUSE :- $15 per 15 minutes. However there is a min. $30 charge if you just want me to quote on what the repairs are going to cost.

SERVERS (Server 2k/SBS2000/Exchange Server/etc)
ON-SITE :- AU$120+GST per man-hour. First hour is chargable. After that I charge $60+GST for every minute half hour block afterwords.
I charge more as there is a different level of skill involved.

TRAINING (Windows/Office/Internet/MYOB/Quicken)
ON-SITE :- AU$80+GST per man-hour. Minium is 2 hours. After that it $40+GST per 1/2 hour.
I would perfer to have some idea on what they me to cover before going out there.

MATES RATES
Don't ask. I will tell you.

wow, thats expensive, no offence, but when my family first got into computers we hated computer technitions because of those who charge through the roof to do one little thing that took like 5 mins. I loathe looking through the paper seeing ads that offer to re-install windows, repair files, etc for upwards of 150-200 dollars and i fell sorry for the people who actually pay the rats (no offence) to do it. When id do it for less than half of that price.

waynejkruse10 said:
wow, thats expensive, no offence, but when my family first got into computers we hated computer technitions because of those who charge through the roof to do one little thing that took like 5 mins. I loathe looking through the paper seeing ads that offer to re-install windows, repair files, etc for upwards of 150-200 dollars and i fell sorry for the people who actually pay the rats (no offence) to do it. When id do it for less than half of that price.

Sorry, but any thing less that $60 on site, and i am not even interested. Bigger jobs, then I will do down on price on my labor componant.

1. Do you have a car?

2. Do you have to pay petrol for that car?

3. Do you have to pay insurance, rego etc. etc for that car?

4. Do you have public laibility insurance? You will be amazed on how many people will love to sue. Like put yourself in this situation. You got a customer, you back up there MYOB Data before formating your there hard drive. Problem. The hard drive you backed up to cashes. Now where does that leave you? LEAGALLY UP $#!+ CREEK WITH OUT A PADDLE. And why? Because one of your equipment failed at the worst possible time.
PLEASE NOTE, I HAVE NOT HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME, BUT I KNOW SOME PEOPLE WHO IT HAS HAPPENED TO.
In fact, I love it when the customer call me up asking whether or not I am insured. This translates into "If you f*** up, and can I sue you for lots of money." I normally treat these customers with a little bit of extra care.

5. Rent for an office/store front (There is no way I am working from home, or having customers come to my home.)

6. Wages and Super Annuation and the other 50 million ways that the goverment likes to screw over small business.

7. Money for quiet periods. Like the period between Christmas and Mid January, Easter (especially when it's close to ANZAC day)
And money to cover me if I am extremely ill, car accident or some some other reason I can not work for a period of time. Otherwise, income insurrance (which is NOT cheap)

8. Advertisement. Newspapers and phone book listings.

Keep in mind, it not just my time i have to cover here, it all the added costs of running a business along with it. It's not cheap.

Look, I have been billing people $80+GST per hour for the last 2 years. And I think I might of had 4 problem customers where they did not want to pay in that time.

When i comes down to being onsite, I only go there if I have to. Over all, I still like to work in house as it a much more controlled enviroment.

Like if I have to re-install windows, I will simply ask if them if I can take the PC back with me, and then charge $50 just in re-install the OS. Why, because I can normally get some thing else done. i use those charges as a guide line. And if some one thinks that they can do better with some one else, I am not going to stop them as I have plenty of work at $80 per hour to keep me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom