Change your ip in less than 1 min.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first way of doing it! Wont that just change the ip of the computer behind the router?

The best way...reset the router.

mech.hacker12 said:
HACKERS TIP:- If you plan on hacking a website with this trick be extremely careful, because if they try a little, they can trace it back

Thanks for the info! ;)

All of these are examples of either changing your internal Ip address or changing your IP address for DSL users.

These steps are useless for someone like me who has a Static Connection via a cable modem.

As stated in the previous posts, changing your internal IP address has little to no relevance to "hacking" or preventing getting caught from whatever the malicious activity may be. As a client of your ISP you HAVE THE RIGHT to have your external IP changed whenever you wish. Due to lease times and other measures, just unplugging or resetting your router and or modem probably will not change your external IP address.

If you really wish to change your IP address then all you have to do is call your ISP and ask them to release and renew your account with a new IP address. The longest time it will take you is probably going to be spent listening to hold music. But just changing your external IP address with your ISP is not saving you from getting caught from doing anything over the net. Your ISP always has a record of what IP you had/have and when you have/had it.

mikesgroovin said:
If you really wish to change your IP address then all you have to do is call your ISP and ask them to release and renew your account with a new IP address.

why can't I release and renew on my router or modem?

Sometimes this will work, however other times you will receive the same IP address. You will most likely have to do this while you are on the phone with your ISP but you will release, let them know so that they can issue you a new IP and then renew. It really depends on the ISP and the eqipment that they are using.

For instance, I know that Comcast in the mid-atlantic region, releasing and renewing won't work. However if you release and wait 24 hours without renewing and THEN renew...it should work. Or you can just call the ISP and have it done in 5 minutes (not including the 2.5 hour hold time) :( hehe

The whole reason behind calling them is to get placed on a different subnet. Your ISP will house several different subs under a larger network (quite obviously). If you release/renew then you are only releasing/renewing under your own DHCP server within that subnet....sometimes these are extremely small (like 255.255.255.128 or so). So when you renew, you actually receive the same IP because the entire pool of address is most likely already used up with other accounts and/or other nodes. The point behind either calling them or releasing for a 24-hour period is so that they can place you under a different network alltogether.

someone said it works for rapidshare, so you dont have to wait.. what method did you use? I've tried what mech.hacker12 said and that didnt clear up rapid share...

I did that once, i got a call from SHAW saying that my modem is not going to be offline till the beginning of next month. I am only allowed to have 1 IP address on SHAW, isn't that weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom