...a change...I'm a tumbleweed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
Seattle, Washington?

...or Oxford, England?

Seattle going to who knows what college? or Oxford going to Oxford-Brookes University. Both for Automotive Engineering Programs....real 4 year mech. engineering degrees (4 years of major classes, not the American 2 year general ed classes which I've already taken.....it's actually the equivalent of an "enhanced" degree....like a doctor), not just some crap technical degrees.

I know it's not much information...but give me your first thoughts...

if you have the oppurtunity to go to a different country i think that would be awesome. seeing different cultures and maybe picking up a cool new accent, hehe. and oxford is a very well respected school. and also, since i'm a HUGE soccer fan, i would LOVE to be in a football environment, go to some soccer games, would be awesome!!

on the other hand, you'd be away from your family for so long.. my first year away was really difficult since i missed my family so much.

You are being given the chance to go to Oxford, and you have to think about it. :eek:

Universite is all about being away from your family and going alone. I can't wait! With that said, you may not be able to afford living in England, as it is alot more expensive than in the US so the money your parents send you will not go very far, but you do get paid more .

Just make sure you don't eat any cow meat in england, or you will get mad cow disease!

Oh, s***! I had beaf yesterday, and I am wasting my last few hours here! (cries :( )

Mad cow disease came from europe. The only cases in the U.S. were from people that had been to europe. The incubation period for it is 10-15 years, so you could already have it :)

And that isn't better than the meat you get in beef burgers anyway? (I know we get (probally) the same quality burgers as you from the fast food outlets.)

Mad cows diesease didn't start in England anyway, someone brought it over from a corpse of an animal being dropped in the cows drinking thingy. (IIRC.)

I seem healthy anyway.

And that isn't better than the meat you get in beef burgers anyway? (I know we get (probally) the same quality burgers as you from the fast food outlets.)
well no it wouldn't be the same. We have different regulations for farm animals, the treatment and feeding of farm animals, the butchering of farm animals, meat processing, etc..etc..

So beyond the FDA perhaps regulating the burgers differently, the cows on the farms could be raised differently, different foods, or stuff like that. I'm not saying it IS that way because I don't know of how things are done in UK as far as food goes, I'm just saying it's a possibility.

The only thing that SHOULD be the same is that each country cooks it 100% and doesn't leave disease in the patties lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom