A+ Certified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my vouchers were around $115 (each) or so... It was a while ago, the price may be different now.

It took around 8 months to complete the MCSE and MCDBA string.

I agree, A+ is worthless. Have MCSE (comprises of MCP/MCSA/MCSE) and will be going for either MCDBA, CCNA/CCNP or Citrix Metaframe certification. Also a comment on this:

depends where you wanna get a job, the huge fortune 500 companies look straight at your degree. Where i work, they could care less about my certs. they just looked and said,, ok you have a bachelors and this much experience...Totally disregarding my A+,Security+,N+,MCSE, and my CCIE

I believe you must be talking about the CCNA or CCNP, because a CCIE is a VERY sought after certified pro in the career market. He can pretty much name his price. Plus, there are VERY few of them worldwide, and is one of the hardest to get. Trust me on this, if you had a CCIE you would hold more weight than a new college graduate. The reason being is it is almost impossible to get without experience as there is no real way to pass the lab with cheats/cram sessions.

Forgive me if I'm incorrect, but doesn't the A+ Certification count toward the MCSE\A as an elective course or something like that? I heard somewhere that it did.

In the rural areas, IMHO it makes people think you're the technical equivalent of a witch doctor :D... course that's Rural Western Kansas for you. If nothing else, the A+ Certification is an indication to a possible employer that you're willing to do what it takes to do the job, and do it correctly.

But that's the rural Western Kansas talking for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom