A+ Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... I gotta get around to taking this eventually... I know my current stuff, but when you start getting into the old crap it gets hairy fast. Sad part is that a lot of the computers I work on ARE the old crap (and I do mean crap).

There's only 1 test? Well, I'm "obtaining" some network books, but I bet if I ask my mom to go to the library, she won't mind, since it's for educational purpose :).

When did you take it, fade2black???

ME? elaborate.

theres 4 tests and you have to take 2 to become A= certified

the test was easy, but not if you dont study

i underestimated it and didnt study well enough and thats why i think i failed
im going to try it again when i get out of school later this month

i am in electricity 1
next year 1st semester i'll take electricity 2
then i'm eligible to take the A+ test sometime around my 16th birthday
then i can drive to circuit city and be a computer technician :)
i got it all planned out

yeah I think the new one is a lot harder. I am currently studying to take the new A+ test and I failed a few tests cause they are hard. They ask questions like how to use canned air which was the easiest question I got asked. The answer was hold the can upright and spray. The quiz's I am taking ask about what stuff you use to clean a floppy drive, optical drive, laptops, desktops, outsides, insides, ect. It goes over everything.

Here is where I take the stuff to study for the A+ test.
Academy Connection - Training Resources - Cisco Systems

One of the harder questions I got was

Which IEEE 802.11 standard uses 5 GHz technology?
802.11a
802.11b
802.11g
802.11n

it is the first one.

Which software converts scanned pages into text?
Image Text Converter
Optical Character Recognition
Optical Text Recognition
Character Image Recognition

it is the second one.

A museum possesses several old paintings that the curators wish to reproduce and sell in the museum gift shop. Which type of scanner can be used to produce the highest-quality reproduction?
all-in-one
drum
flatbed
handheld

it is the second one.

Which two types of scanners would be recommended to digitize delicate books from the last century? (Choose two.)
all-in-one
drum
flatbed
handheld
thermal

its 3 and 4.

Which two modes of operation within the IEEE 1284 standard allow bi-directional communication? (Choose two.)
DCL
ECP
EPP
PnP
TCP

its 2 and 3.

I just thought I would give you some of the ?'s that I got wrong to help you study. I am not A+ certified, but some of them ?'s might end up on the test.

Well you're real smart :p

I'm glad to see some actual answers. I thought I would just see LOL YOU AREN'T GONA MAKE IT, or some other crap.

Thanks, now I just gotta study my butt off to learn more about networking, and software. :)

comma comma comma comma comma.

I'm currently speeding through it doing a 100min lesson approximately every 2 weeks. And when I say lesson it is 100mins to go through 2 or 3 modules and test.

A+ is not that had user trancender this will REALLY Prep you for the test. Reading the book is great but this will defiantly help you. I read the books then took the transcender and I passed both test first time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom